Originally Posted By DAYCLONA

We had a neighbor across the street from the shop, who owned a cherry 69 A12 RR, one day the car caught fire (electrical trunk fire) while parked in his yard, 1/2 the car was basically gone, the (ORIGINAL) owner was devastated,naturally he turned to us to "save" his car, he didn't want just another A12, he wanted his car, as so many owners in this type of situation did, he knew a rebody was the only way, he found the donor (base RR) and demanded everything that could be salvaged from his car be transferred, including all "numbers", his car was restored to his wishes, basically reborn from it's ashes if you will, he had no intention to defraud anyone, nor did we, that how things were done, to some, that's saving a car, to others today, it's fraud, back in the day it was no harm, no foul, and today I still see it as no harm

I promised myself not to get into these discussions anymore cause I feel like I am just spinning my wheels. We have a difference of opinions. I am not sure where we have common ground other than we like Mopars. Your Watermelon Daytona is one of my favourite cars.

But where you see it as saved I see it as not only an A12 was lost but it ended up taking another Road Runner with it. I can't control what other people choose to do with their property but if you asked my opinion I would have rather seen the numbers to have stayed intact on the donor car and just the parts switched over. I could dig that and would have found the car interesting. With it now, not soo much.

Again I just don't see why switching over the numbers is important to you guys who claim not to be interested in numbers, investments, money etc...I must be missing something.

Dave