Originally Posted By EL5 71
I believe that when a Mopar is restored using reproduction and or pieces of original metal harvested from other cars and going as far as replacing more than half of the original unibody and having to move and reweld in the hidden vin's, the car has been rebodied. Period. In order to save some of the worlds coolest automobiles, I understand that after all these years, sometimes this kind of work is absolutely necessary. I personally am not a huge fan of cars that have had nearly every single panel (including structural) replaced. If given the choice, I would spend my money on a car that was restored using one super clean unibody structure with all the factory welds still present. Seeing that the original hidden numbers were moved to that unibody would not bother me nearly as much as if they were moved to reproduction metal. If a car was reborn using only this strick type of restoration method, it would likely still get my hard earned money. I do not promote doing this type of work for huge profits and making up codes along the way to boost the value. I would like to see photos of the original car that was wrecked, burned, whatever and photos of its numbers in place and it's fender and dash tags and any other documents supporting the original vehicle. I guess what I'm trying to say is there are thousands of people into muscle cars in general and if I was standing in front of a great one for sale but the seller was telling me it had been restored using another unibody structure, I would want a clean title, all the original documentation from the original car and I would want that unibody to be super nice without questionable and likely incorrect welds. Honesty on the sellers part would also play a major role in getting my money. Sorry guys, just read all this last night and decided to type this morning. Lol

I like the 3rd option better, running away quickly from both cars because I wouldn't want either one of those.

Dave