Originally Posted By Wizard
No, I haven't looked to see if the vin on door is currently registered to someone. How do you do this? Does my state DOT have a way to run the vin for all 50 states or is there some other way to find out?

Are you saying if the vin is registered there is no way to rebody this car with another vin and nothing can be done?

Wizard

I was working off of your first question
Quote:
Is there any way to get a new vin tag made if a car you want to buy does not have a title nor the dash (someone took the dash) but if the original vin is on the door (71 Road Runner) can you legally put the car back on the road?
and how some were going off on how or why you should or shouldn't do this. What would have happened if you could have gotten the door VIN decal made into a VIN tag and went to register it and by some chance you did and then the OTHER original VIN just happens to appear. That is not likely (or is it???)) to happen because I would hope two VIN's couldn't be register.....a little help here AK in PA laugh

Right now it's a parts car in a salvage yard with probably the best bet is a salvage title or a State issued VIN and drive the crap out of it..............kind of like you stole it. biggrin

Last edited by A12; 12/05/16 01:14 AM.