Originally Posted By Morty426
Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By Morty426

Having just registration will not help you in CA

There's still a handful of States that are not title States, plus some States started applying title requirements just a few years ago, I know that if I bring in a non titled State vehicle into Massachusetts, I just need the last registration and a bill of sale to title/reg. it in Mass

I know California is a "Nation" all it's own in regards to red tape bureaucracy, what's the current stats for registering vintage iron from in State, and out of State, along with the emission BS?

Mike

Mike,

I know this all too well. As I have a car from one of these States. I've tried my DMV three times and every time it's a new excuse. The car is from a State that does not Title cars older than 1975. I have an email from their DMV stating this and the CA DMV should know this ..... yet I now need produce a letter from them on State Letterhead that says this!

The sad thing is that I could cheat. I could go into DMV and say "I lost the title to my car and I never non-op'd it and I'm a car collector so I don't owe back fees and here is my CHP VIN verification, so can I have a title please. " ... and they will issue me a title for $10. That's not the right thing to do, but it will worked. I'd rather do the right thing. I've tried to point out the hypocrisy to DMV but it falls on deaf ears.

Chris

Thanks for the input Chris, agreed often times the DMV/RMV is fraught with so much confusion on THEIR END, that circumventing their policies/paperwork in any way shape or form is often the only choice left for an individual that has little to no paperwork/documentation/tags/etc for a vehicle

Mike