let's see. my house burned down, and there is one wall standing and the basement, plus part of the deck became detached and fell away from the structure. do i rebuild "restoring" what's left, or do i just start over with something else, like a new house ? just because that car is a four speed and possibly butterscotch, how could it possibly make any economic sense to restore that thing, never mind the paperwork fiasco ? there are other butterscotch four speed cars out there done you can buy for pennies on the dollar. let's face a couple of facts. #1 : it doesn't appear to be anything especially super rare or a one of one car. and most importantly, #2 : you can't save everything. that is just a fact of life. if this was somehow in your family since new, then sentimental reasons may be worth it restoration wise, but until you get it home and really get a thorough picture of what parts it lacks, plus how bad the shell really is, i can only see a situation where a guys mind is bigger than his stomach. [or however that saying goes] you may have a noble intention, but maybe it's time to just let this one go. or, buy it for parts, sell off what is good and make a few bucks.
beer