The rear segment is mounted in a slider or a shackle......it's just going to move that mount further in lieu of bending the spring as the housing rotates. The rear segment only holds the car up. In the old days, we built our own spring packs. We might have 6 to 8 leafs in the front of varying lengths and only a couple behind the housing. Just whatever we needed to get the desired ride height. My BEST older springs, I de-arched the front half and added a bunch more front sections, drilled through and put a 1/2" bolt where every leaf stopped, as well as welded a gusset from the eye to main leaf, to keep eye from bending. I also ran a link bar from that gusset to top of housing above spring mount, with left and right rod ends so that I could tension it. You could bend the front segment, but it took a press with a lot of juice on it to do so, then with link mounted, it was as close to solid as you could get. This was in a leaf spring class, before all the cool guy parts you can buy now, so we had to build our own stuff and it worked GOOD