I believe there are a few misunderstandings occurring on this thread, both with good intent

a) answering a question
b) painting a historical portrait and allowing one to make a determination.

While both techniques have merit it's up to the OP to determine ultimate value based on the question and intent.

Never for a minute did I imply or believe that the reason for the two configurations was linked to the AAR model, but by asking the question as it relates to AAR's I have effectively narrowed the manufacturing dates and workforce handling the assembly. Remember the reason for the question is to restore an AAR, specifically mine. Jeff was kind enough to post his findings on hundreds of AAR models. His findings suggest that he has yet to come across a single AAR with the 1181 decal, confirming that pilot and production AARs all carried the the 2995, to include an example with the same SPD date as mine. . . .

The history behind the change is interesting but still a bit cloudy to me. When I'm told of the March 10th date but followed by the statement that either decal may have been used as much as 5 weeks prior or past the March 10th date, this leaves a 2+ month window, so what does the March 10th date really mean? Perhaps the mix of decals mentioned was more prevalent on non AAR models for reasons unknown? Remember that during the course of this thread only 2 AAR's were mentioned to be known to have the early 1181 decal (I would have liked to have seen photos posted for future readers to benefit).

Based on the information provided, and that I do not have proof that my car is one of the possible minority, I am wise to use the accepted norm for this feature. Believe me when I tell you that if I research and have documented none standard "accepted norms" for my car, I restore it in that manner and will likely have to defend these choices by many a closed mind.

While I appreciate the spirited dialog I'm particularly disheartened by some of the unprovoked attacks to my post and character, I hardly consider myself "ignorant" within the hobby. Perhaps my ignorance comes from thinking that the purpose of MOPARTS was to be connected with common interest enthusiasts willing to share information/expertise to improve historical vehicles.

Thanks to all as I have a high level of confidence that when I receive the new 2995 sticker from Dave I will statistically be as accurate as I can be given the lack of evidence specific to my exact car.