As per Lew's post and in an email to me.. He asked what would be the correct jack instruction sticker for his AAR with a SPD of 3/19/70 I sent him a pic from an AAR with the same SPD.

A 2 owner car and it shows the sticker as it is on the car.

I also sent him pix from the AAR Pilot car. SPD 2/3/70
and also pix from an AAR with an SPD of 4/3/70 I even have pix of AAR's with SPD's of 4/13 and 4/15 and an owner of one of the last AAR's built has registered the car with me and I will email and ask him if he can take a pic or two and send them to me so I can keep on file for reference.

What I sent him and the 2 pix I posted here are from actual AAR's and to be precise an AAR with the same SPD as his.

David I haven't seen you in quite sometime. I believe the last time was at the Nats many years ago. I hope you have been well. Never heard anything else from you about how you made out in reproducing the correct texture on the AAR Stripes. How did that ever turn out?? I know its been a while. If you remember in a few of our conversations I had said I don't consider myself an "expert" and I will correct people when they call me that as I don't think anyone is an expert on any of this stuff. there are too many inconsistencies. That said I will give an answer my thoughts on the stickers you posted. First thing I noticed they were on some type of vinyl or laminate. You should know as I do that they did use different vendors to make the same things so i would say that's possibly where the differences come in on the 3 that are similar. The one with cut edges is most likely an early reproduction as I have never seen one like that on an untouched car before. It just has the appearance of a new/newer sticker. Remember too this question was about a sticker for an AAR. A specific car with a limited production run. I stopped documenting the stickers after seeing they were all the same. I have been waiting to come across one that's different but haven't found it yet (in an AAR) Thank you for posting the different ones you have. Was nice to see the subtle differences.

Last edited by Transamcuda; 09/30/15 02:27 AM.

Home of the AAR Registry
www.transamcuda.com