Dave im not sure if you ever actually read what the initial post said in it but this is what the owner asked.

"My car is a 3/19 built AAR. Would anyone have a picture of an original AAR jack sticker close to my build date?"

I provided him with a picture from another AAR with the same SPD.

While what you posted was informative (To a point) There really wasn't a need to keep going on about it. The owner asked a question and got a correct answer with picture proof documentation.

"By not documenting cars outside of their passion or interest, they incorrectly convey opinions about what they think is correct versus incorrect. They automatically assume that something must not be original because if they have "never seen one like that on an untouched car before" it must not exist! That's the way history is re-written and erroneous features are expressed to the Hobby. A person's knowledge or lack of, is not proof that anything is or is not original."

This is a 2 way street. And again the question was specifically for and about an AAR so there would be no need to discuss anything further by showing stickers that were not on AAR's. All AAR's used the same decal which is the one I posted a pic of. I have pictures documenting this along with fender tag info to verify and back this up (which I sent the owner so he was assured what I was telling him was correct) Nobody was ever talking about six cylinders or any other cars. While slant six barracudas might have had or used a different jack instruction decal it has no relevance to this thread as the question was specifically about and for an AAR.

"Another problem is when people put a vehicle on a pedestal and enter their research with a mindset of finding "special" characteristics that support their grandiose view of a particular model car."

I put most all vehicles made by MOPAR on a pedestal.. But that's just me. Some might put all of them on one. smile

"The statement "this question was about a sticker for an AAR" is a perfect example. "

This probably one of the most accurate things you've said in this whole thread. Because it absolutely was what he asked about.

"There was not a different Jacking Instruction between an AAR or a Slant Six Barracuda."

Again this might be true but the question was specifically for and about an AAR no mention of a slant six barracuda.

" The Jacking Instructions were the same on all E Body cars. The only differences were between the versions that progressed throughout the years."

And this is all well and good but why was this even brought up to begin with?? There was no discussion needed about anything else once I showed what was correct for his car based on his SPD. While showing the subtle differences in the 3 stickers was slightly informative.. at the end of the day different sizes in fonts and red letters doesn't really matter as long as the sticker is correct in appearance and has the correct part number on it and the person paying for it is happy because they know they purchased the correct sticker for their car.

There were many things you missed in all the posts. The most blatant was the initial post when the owner asked which was correct for his AAR based on his SPD. Instead you chose to come in here like a bully.

" They are not "vinyl" and I have never documented an original "vinyl" Trunk Jacking Decal on any E Body vehicle."

I never said they were vinyl. This was what I said.

"First thing I noticed they were on some type of vinyl or laminate." Meaning it looked like the stickers were laying on some type of vinyl or laminate.

Dave im not sure what has happened to you but you are not the same person I met several years ago. You use to be a very level headed individual but in just this one thread you've shown that guy doesn't exist anymore. You are a truly talented person who has done some good things not only for the Mopar hobby but other car brands as well. But your serious lack of people skills and serious temper problems have done damage to your reputation. I wish you well and good luck in your future endeavors. Im sure your lap dog will have called or emailed you to let you know about this post. It appears for some reason you have been banned from the board.

Home of the AAR Registry
www.transamcuda.com