Same song different verse here I guess...started on the street in the 70's, built my first bracket car in 84, went what I would consider full time bracket racing in 89 (every weekend), in 96 I started crewing 3 cars every weekend, a Junior dragster, a footbrake 68 Barracuda and my S/P dragster...it became a complete second job (read A$$ Whipping), won a few gold cards, a track championship, lots of big money races, from about 93 on I normally won enough money to cover entry fees, fuel and winter freshen-ups and a couple of years I actually made a little pocket change. However...about 2003 I started to become VERY burned out with it all, it was just too much and I didn't know how to quit, I had so much invested. Then...in 2006 I stood my dragster on it's head at about 170 on a freakin T/T of all things, destroyed it and nearly myself at a track that I had no business being at...chasin money...still refused to quit. Bought a new dragster, sold the junior (son was more interested in baseball), sold the Barracuda and started winning again and I thought "ok, back on track, less work, life is good", then in 2007 completely scattered (first time ever) a brand new 500" low deck engine, that was it, I quit, sold everything. Do I miss it? yeah sometimes, somedoay I'll build a door car to run Super Gas/Super Street and /or brackets but it will be on my own time at my own leisure (I still have parts ). In the mean time I keep myself busy by building a street car here and there but I will NEVER turn my cars or racing into a second job again.

1968 Plymouth GTX
1974 Dodge P/U Long Bed Stepside 318
2019 Ram 2500 6.4, auto, 4WD