its still at the machine shop with a long laundry list of problems... and at least another couple months before it'll be ready for pick up..

1: I have a friend that races too. Sometimes I call him and say .. "Tell me again what it is we love about this hobby" ! LOL
If I have to repair something I always ask myself what can I do to make this better and pick up HP, or speed, or even lower the future maintenance.

In the last two years, I've dumped a very sizeable amount of money in it and if I was married, the amount is so great, I'm sure I'd be planning for a divorce..

2 : The great thing about our machines is they will wait quietly, without need of food or our time, until we feel like doing something with them!

I realized that with this summer long break from racing, I dont think I miss racing all that much..

3: I decided over the years , that racing for a few seconds, after prepping the car for years, and spending a lot of $ was not a good deal. So I built the car to be able to run on pump gas, and be streetable. More driving time for the money.

Either I dont miss it... or I've been so turned off by the last couple of years, I question if I'll ever get back the passion I once had..

4: I have owned my car for nearly 45 years. We have been through a lot together. I am so glad that I still have it now. I am more of the "Career Test and Tuner" as Monte says these days. I am really having fun making a few passes and trying to go a little faster.

Has this happened to you and how did you work past it?

5: So yes it has happened to me. I decided to try and make the car easier to work on, lower maintenance, and built the Hemi engine I always wanted!

Mark

1996 Ram 1500 Sport
1968 road runner
1952 Sears Allstate licensed, pump gas, Hemi 5.98 @ 115.73 1.33 60 ft. The best is yet to come. Painless Performance / Street RODDER magazine Top 100 for 2019