The MoPig has been in pieces far more than it's been operational for the last 15 years. I ran it hard from 1995 - 1998, hurt it (thrown rod & a lot of collateral damage), got it back together in 1999 and 2000, hurt it (wiped cam & a lot of collateral damage), got it back on the street & track in 2007(?)-2009, hurt it (an oiling issue that should have been found sooner that required another teardown, etc.), and now it's in a slooooow state of reassembly... again.

Three kids (one in 2000, one in 2004, one in 2008), wife & myself both experiencing periods of unemployment / reduced hours from 2007 through about 2 months ago, decisions to make upgrades to the car that resulted in additional $$$ and delays in getting things back together when it was down, etc. All this stuff has competed for time & $$$.

When it gets me down the most is when I tell my wife I'm ready to roll it out into the cul-de-sac in front of our house, douse it in 5 gallons of gas, and burn it to the ground just to be DONE with it.

So, yeah, I can probably relate.