If you no longer have the passion for racing your car, then you can look at the whole racing thing very objectively. What are the reasons you race? Is it worth it? Can the same benefits to yourself be achieved easier or cheaper? It will be easy to decide not to race, and save yourself the expense, the time, and the headaches. Personally, I have never been in the position where the spark is not there. Even though I have sat out racing for years on several occasions due to time and money considerations, or other priorities, The spark is always there, and I always plan to come back to it. It's tuff to get motivated when you just dumped a bunch of time and money in and then the car is hurt, and you can't even race. When that has happened to me, I always start thinking about how can I do it different, to reduce risk, (make it more reliable, use better parts, oil it better, turn less RPM) that gets me back in. But then I end up pushing to the limit anyway and taking risks with my $$.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"