Quote:

Quote:

When I look back at the cost and labor and sweat I've put into a car that is nothing more than a trailer weight, I realized that with this summer long break from racing, I dont think I miss racing all that much..

Either I dont miss it... or I've been so turned off by the last couple of years, I question if I'll ever get back the passion I once had..

Has this happened to you and how did you work past it?

I am in the same spot. Blew up my engine end of 2012. Everything fought me trying to get the car going in 2013. Got it going this year, still fighting issues. It's close, but still have some bugs to work out. It is really frustrating. I am a pretty dedicated weekly points bracket racer, and last year I was in 7 or 8 different cars trying to stay in the chase. Just 3 different cars this year, but still frustrating. I did get to make a test and tune with my car and pile up some 1/8th mile hits. That stoked my fire. And a buddy let me use his car for the SBRA bracket finals, and I trailered a car or 2 over the 3 days. I have to admit, sometimes it felt like more work than I wanted to take on, as well as just selling and then going with something new to me. For me, I still enjoy the rush, win or lose, pulling through the top end looking over at my opponent and making a decision. To me, it sounds like you're as frustrated as I am, spending the money and time and not getting any return... yet. I'm working through it with the plan to swing hard right out of the gate in the 2015 season. I hope you get some good luck coming your way.

And in his spare time Chuck is one heck of a good track announcer. Can't wait to see you hit the track again on a regular bases Chuck (in your car) and anytime you need a hand, some Ho-Ho cake, or a sippin drink let me know. lets hit Quaker Steak and Lube some Tuesday night for all you can eat wings.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time