Let me start by saying that I am NOT knocking bracket racers and/or bracket racing in general, but I think this type racing burns lots of guys out and here is why. You can spend thousands and thousands of dollars. Buy the best "toys" money can buy, go to the track and get your azz handed to you by some guy in a rental car. That is not fun and neither is going to a crowded track every weekend, getting a couple time runs and loaded up first round.............All these things are the reason I quit bracket racing myself. I did OK for a few years, even won a couple track championships, but it just was NOT doing it for me.

Then I turned my efforts to just making the car go as fast as I could and going to the track when I felt like it. That resulted in me going heads up racing, until that got out of control, cost wise..........The point here, is that there is NOTHING wrong with being considered strictly a career test and tuner. I personally had WAY more fun doing that, than I ever did shoe polish racing.

Monte