Quote:

A moparts member named Challenger1 I think, has had real good luck running mechanical pumps. He runs the stock mopar pumps that have a return line at the pump to return fuel to the fuel tank. That way the fuel doesn't get a chance to heat up in the line because it's always moving.

I am 99% sure my car never had a return line from the factory. I know they can offer benefits with vapor lock situations but I have no way to plumb that in with my fuel pump which has no return port. I suppose I could add the return line and fuel pressure regulator with a return port but this seems overkill for a street car.

Don't people run mech pumps and headers all the time? The wrap I used was specifically for killing exhaust heat on lines. What am I having so much trouble with this now?

Another thing I noticed was that my fuel pressure gauge still showed around 2psi (engine off) after I pushed it out of the way when it wouldn't start? Would vapor lock show no pressure?

If I was vapor locking and/or boiling the fuel in the carb, wouldn't cranking the motor and running it clear the vapor lock?