Update on the situation:

I disconnected the neoprene rubber hose that went from the sender to the hard line and inspected. Looks and feels brand new. This hose is the top-of-the-line Goodyear hose. Here is the hose.

I blew out the hard line with 120 psi compressed air from the sender end forward and got all the gas out. Gas was clean and no rubber chunks. The gas did have some small silver flecks in it but I am guessing that may be from the new tank. No rust/gunk/debris otherwise.

I pulled the Holley pump and found one rubber chunk blocking about 1/3rd of the inlet and found 3 more rubber chunks inside the pump. I disassembled the pump and otherwise it's gorgeous inside. All the valves look good.

I am guessing maybe the three chunks I found inside the pump may have gotten stuck in the delivery valve maybe causing to hang open a tad and cavitate? Could this cause the symptoms I have been experiencing or is this a long shot?

As stated before I know the source of the rubber chunks was the compression fitting that adapted the 3/8" hard line to the -6AN hose right before the fuel pump. It is an Earl's fitting that has a rubber seal in it that went bad and basically is missing a side.

Hell I probably could put that Holley back on and go as I know it's squeaky clean inside. I guess I will just try the Carter pump for now and keep the Holley in case this one dies. Is this just the aftermarket design or what....but these pumps seem unusually susceptible to any debris getting in them. I'm guessing maybe it is just the combination of the perfectly right size chunks and squishiness of the rubber to make this gum up the works?