Quote:

Well I pulled the rubber line right before the fuel pump and found a partially disintegrated rubber piece.

So the pump was good & that's good (no Carter Curse). The 64k Q is where did it (the junk) come from. Either from the ID of the rear or the front (that it was in) neoprene line (maybe but I'm doubtful) or the tank (my bet). A moot point but to ans your Q to my my post, I used one of those colored vac cap nipples from Ace hardware (they call em "screw protectors") & cut the end off & slipped it over the 5/16" hose barb to increase the OD enough to where a 3/8 hose will now be able to be clamped on adequately with a hose clamp. You need the OD of the barb to be greater than the OD of the nipple shank with the screw protector on it but the screw protectors are is thin & you just have enough difference with it on there to make it work successfully if you ever get in that predicament. Yes that would not be practical to drill out a pump as I described for this situation but to pin it down as needed with a cheap pump purchase makes sense (at least to me ) & glad you got it taken care of. Did the rubber shards LOOK like they may have come from a neoprene hose ID or were they random shaped scraps? EDIT I'd take off the 2 short hose pieces & slice em lengthwise & SEE if the scraps come from their ID

Last edited by RapidRobert; 03/17/14 08:14 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth