Quote:

Lot of Drama and trauma, but I know fuel/ignition problems can be taxing at times, I read this whole thread, or tried to keep in check you woes/repairs/observations

no mention of changing the fuel pump rod, I know you said OEM, but get it off the list, don't buy the Mopar replacements, buy from www.racepumps.com pn#6030 $30

Fuel bowl level, no mention of setting up/checking, do you have adjustable float bowls on your Holley?

Memory check, where's your fuel filter located in the system? is the direction of flow correct?...sometimes it's the simplest things that kick one's ar$e

Mike

I have heard the fuel pump push rod theory before but I would like to hear somebody with 1st hand knowledge of a worn rod causing this kind of issue. I know a work rod can cause fuel starvation issues but this motor will cut off when not under any real load at all. The fact that it made it 20 miles up and down hills and then starts to do this after sitting makes me think 'heat issue' but I could be wrong. I hate to keep throwing money at this swapping parts but if somebody here can give me some experience where a worn rod did this, please let me know!

The fuel levels of both bowls are where they should be aka slight dribble out of each site hole. I did verify this when I rebuilt the carburetor a few weeks back. It is a 4150 and it does have adjustable fuel bowl levels.

The fuel filter is the Summit billet unit with a 40 micron metal mesh filter. I don't remember if it has a dedicated in/out on it but I don't see how the direction would really matter on it. I just assembled it so that if I open the filter, the mesh sits down in there and doesn't fall out.

I appreciate the response...I will consider the worn rod theory but if anyone here can confirm if this can cause (1st hand not guessing) the issues I am having, I will buy a new one.