Quote:

Tell us more about the install details(plumbing). I doubt that it's the pumps fault, some thing is causing the pumps to fail.

This is a single mechanical pump setup with no electric pump. That ain't going to change. I guess I am a lucky one but I haven't had any issues with vapor lock or hard starting with my setup thus far...

I have the following plumbing:

new tank (spectra) >>> 3/8" SS sender >>> 4" or so of Neoprene 3/8" hose >>> 3/8" SS hard line >>> 6" -6AN rubber braided hose >>> 1/4NPT pump inlet >>> 1/4 NPT outlet >>> 22" -6AN PTFE hose >>> filter (40 micron -6AN fittings) >>> 4" -6AN PTFE hose >>> carb

So I run more or less a supped up factory setup. Only thing I can think off is the piece of braided rubber line right before the pump might be letting go and giving up the rubber chunks. However, I replaced this with a new piece last year but I can swap out again.

One thing that leads me to think something is up with the pump is that when the old pump went bad, when I cracked the fuel filter to check it right after the car was running, it had no fuel in it. When I installed the new pump, it would be full to the brim and make a huge mess of course.

Now that I checked the filter right after parking the car, the filter is pretty much dry where I need to tip it down quite a bit to get fuel to run out of it. Seems that a good pump is supposed to hold pressure and bleed down very slowly after the motor is turned off. Obviously this isn't happening anymore.

This just 'feels' like the pump again. Car runs GREAT while warming up and then when it's good and warm I give her a good amount of throttle for 2-3 seconds and AFTER I let off the motor starts to stumble and lose power. Afterwards I can hold the gas steady and you can feel it starting to surge and lose power.

I swear how can I be so unlucky with pumps?? Of all things this is supposed to be a simple thing!