Quote:

I've read through this...The fuel gauge is a good thing but you did'nt state what the pressure was during the "vaporlock" issue...

Heated lines...OK, but there's alot of vehicles out there with headers and they don't have a vaporlock issue but anything is possible..A factory vapor separator and return line to keep the fuel cycling would be a good thing if you truely believe the vaporlock theory...

Lastely, you've checked the lines leading to the pump for debris...And you've never mentioned how the tank is vented...If it's a later model tank with the 4 lines and divorced vapor catch that itself would be another source for the degrading black rubber...

Which brings me to the last question...Did you verify the vent system is actually working and not creating a vacuum condition under a high load/demand on the fuel pump ???

The fuel pressure gauge is under the hood so I can't see it while I drive. If necessary, I may plumb a line in and tape a gauge to the windshield. The fact that the pump holds pressure for 2-3 minutes after shutdown tells me the pump is good (at least at the time).

I have a brand new tank connected to the factory vapor separator with 4 rubber lines. I replaced the rubber lines last summer and they still look brand new. The separator is not connected to the vapor line as I don't have it anymore. It just vents to atmosphere. Also, this doesn't just happen under high load, its after 20 minutes or so of driving and pressing the pedal harder actually got through the stuttering enough to get home.

I don't see any symptoms that would lead me to think it's a vacuum lock issue. When I pop the fuel cap, no 'whoooosh' of air or anything. I know the tank is vented as I parked it with a very FULL tank of gas and jacked the rear up to do some work and it dripped gas all over during the course of several days.

The fuel line was replaced several years ago and but it is SS and I did flush it to make sure it was clean (it was). I am 99.999% sure we have a squeaky clean line from the tank to the pump as everything is brand new at this point.