Quote:

Quote:

My brothers hotrod-6 69 Valiant was always 'on'... he needed to flog it to go fast... and that thing had utterly atrocious gas-mileage. It even had 3.21's and an OD 833...

that's the driveline my duster has, with the stock slant 6...even foot to floor for a whole tank, I've never gotten worse than 19mpg with it in the 21 years I've had the car, and typically get 24-26mpg a tank in mixed driving...but passing on a 2 lane road does take a little planning, especially compared to my '11 charger....

I really would love to try a stock 5.7L in my duster behind that driveline....bet mileage would be about the same, but it would probably be a high 12 second car...

Yeah... just like my Pinto, even 'bad' mileage is still pretty damn good. How stock was your engine though? My brother had a 525 Demon on an aluminum Clifford, ported head, shaved head and block (at least 10:1 true CR,probably more... it hated 94 octane), Comps biggest solid cam, that hokey-ass 6-into-1 Mopar header, 2.5" mandrel pipe all the way back into a Borla, electronic ignition, recurved distributor, no accessories, etc. It was also lowered quite a bit, and had pretty small tires (225/60-15's up front), 2800lbs curb. It was a nice combo, and well-tuned, but definitely older-school than some here. Certainly not how i would build a hot 225 anyways.