Quote:

Either just V8 it and don't flush money down the toilet on the slant or simply find a good 1bbl carb to put on it and live with it. I would be searching for a 92-95 dodge 2wd truck or ram van with the 5.2 or 5.9 magnum. 2wd 5.2's are not that hard to find. Drop the motor and trans into your truck. You will get double the power with same or better mpg with the 5.2 and the overdrive transmission. I say 92-95 because those are the easiest years to retrofit into your ride. 96+ the transmission and computer changed making the swap much more difficult.

I don't disagree with your post. in 2002 when I was doing this, the mods really weren't out there or cost effective at the time...Now they are. I would love to build a Slant Turbo setup one day but again, as aforementioned, you can't also not take into account the mpg of a 5.9L and the towing capability, the longevity of parts. You can buy a new part instead of scouring the boneyards looking for that linkage extension...and sometimes...its the same price.

I sometimes wish that I didn't bolt a CH28 to my 440 and instead gone with an EFI Setup. But it is notoriety, its being different....and thats what this is all about.

Family owned 1969 Charger R/T DualQuad 440/727/GVO/3.55s