Quote:

the fun thing about slants is that you feel evrything you touch.2bbl swap nets about 10% power improvement!ever put a junkyard intake on a smallblock and get a 40 horsepower improvement?a slant six will teach you discipline with not throwing power in the trash.with a slant six a person learns what a hundred hp really is and what can be done with it.

Hahahahahaha. That might mean a bit more if we weren't dealing with cars that start with 3000lb curb weights...

But i get what you mean.

My 70 Challenger was born with and retains it original 225/3speed. I want to daily drive it ASAP, but the budget keeps getting in the way. Even the stingiest ov welfare V8 swaps (and i have ALL the parts) is going to end up costing me. I bought the car because it was a slant-six car... but the more desperate i get the more i'm starting to wish it was even a 318 car. Too much to do.

I've swatted around the idea ov driving the 225 for now... but the power... even with the above mods... is going to get old in about 7 minutes. To really wake it up is going to cost more than just dropping my V8 in there... and its still gonna sound like an outboard motor on an [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] canoe.

I keep clicking on all these slant six threads hoping for some easy solution or 'demon tweak' to make it viable... but you guys just aren't helping! Hahahahaha

The fact my brother went ALL-OUT on his 69 Valiant's 225 (ported head, big solid, header, exhaust elect ign, big carb, 4bbl intake, balance/blueprinted, serious compression, blah blah) and still ended up with a slow car that got horrible mileage doesn't help. Fun car. Really fun. Sounded neat (and i wont admit that to too many people), very well tuned and driven... but certainly not worth the money. Clifford has it right... 6 CAN equal 8. What he doesn't tell you is that it equals a 225cid V8.... which... would still be slow.

I'll still keep clicking on these threads... maybe someone will convince me yet to keep the 6...