That's an awesome setup. I had a Clifford 4 bbl intake on my /6. We fabbed our own carb adapter out of a phenolic blank, and turned it 90 degrees so the primaries were parallel and closest to the driver's fender. I specifically wanted to do this for improved distribution and drivability. Finally, we used chrome drain pipe inserted into the primary holes of the adapter, down into the plenum (not quite to the bottom), and cut them on an angle so as to make the center cylinders' pull from the carb a little bit longer, like the outer cylinders.

It worked great. Carb was from a 273. It was all experimental. A little too much CFM, but it was fine if you waited until about ~3000 to open it wide. We eventually put a (noisy) 3.55 suregrip in it (up from 2.94 w/ wide ratio 904), that made it real fun.

Like you, I started with the super six 2 barrel setup from the pick-yer-part. With an open element air cleaner, it was fun, but the extra 10 or 15 hp wasn't enough.

It was still slow.. but it was ridiculously fun to drive.

The kickdown linkage I kept stock, believe it or not. I had this interesting setup where I had a stock location mount for the kickdown rod up by the carb, and I used a spare throttle cable to translate the motion from the 90 degree rotation back to where it would normally be. It made the pedal a bit hard to push (lol,) but it worked.

I had digital pictures of this. Probably sounds like I'm full of crap.. it was on my college server and I never re-saved them again before they killed my account after grad. oh well. i still have all the parts..

Looking for 1975 through 1978 B body 4 door sedan sheet metal or parts cars - monaco, fury, coronet. Please let me know