Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think that I would be "STUPID" enough to run a 600+ "street driven" Maxie against a HEMI that has TWICE the HP! Ain't gonna happen! I'll take my chances against Mikes' 12.5 to 1 comp HEMI Challenger.

Put as much as was put into my Challenger into ANY of the motors you mentioned with a similar car weight and you'd be likely to get your azz handed to you.. Then or now. Maybe a 427 Vette might make some noise, but not much else.

MB

Mike..don't slip a tire off the line. You may get your backside I hope the "Roaster" works well for you!

Here is something else to ponder, while on the subject of brand X motors. I ran a 455 Pontiac in a Tempest in the early 80's. It was pretty high level for that time, SD rods, domes, Fully ported Nunzi prepped 722 round port(RAIV) heads, a Warrior intake, big Holley, etc. I wasn't a pimple on the asss of what my Challenger was running back then. And my car had way more, in terms of mods than my Challenger did at that time. And if I happened to miss a shift....

MB

Nunzi...The Pontiac Legend from N.Y.C. Very nice guy and a heck of a racer "back-in the-days".
Built and tuned a LOT of super-hot machines!! I ran a 400 T-37 Tempest back in the mid-80's, out in West Texas. Fast car, just a bit of a problem to get it to "hook". Seriously, Mike that Challenger combo sounds almost like a "Pure Stock" type setup. Sounds like it was good for low 12's/high 11's with some fine tuning.

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)