First off, only 3 people on planet Earth have ever seen a 427 SOHC and none of those were ever at a traffic light, while 4 people have seen a dinosaur. Have you ever been in cars with Boss 429, or Cleveland headed engines???

Tab Talmage (one of Ronnie Lyles friend/rival), had one (427 SOHC) in a Mustang, on the streets of New York City circa mid to late 60's. I guess the other two were split between the owners of the "Gas Ronda" Mustang and Dyno Don Nicholsons' strip rides. (In reality, there were actually MORE owners/racers) The 4 people who saw the dinosaur probably were out "west" (in Texas or Arizona somewhere)
and saw some roadside attraction . And yes,
I have been in cars with Cleveland-head (351's) motors and one with a Boss 429. They ARE fast, once setup RIGHT. Needs gears to get them going. Fortunately, I am a Mopar guy that respects the HEMI, but LOVES the Max-Wedge!! There is NOTHING like the grunt and sound of a multi-carbed Mopar wedge head big block going through the 1/8, 1/4 or on the boulevard. Nothing personal AGAINST the HEMI, Wedge is just my choice of Mopower but DON"T tell me that it's not worthy of it's place in performance history (or...worthless in comparision to other motors).

Last edited by HYPER8oSoNic; 07/30/12 04:38 AM.