Quote:

Quote:

From my understanding, computer designed modifications, completed on a state of the art CNC head porting machine, are able to port a 906 cast iron head to flow similar to a stock 2780559/2468016 cast iron hemi head. 49 years ago, Chrysler achieved what is now achieveable with computers on a 906 head by adopting the Hemi head. No wonder they went the Hemi route.....

Sure, you can put free flowing aluminum heads on that wedge, but again, you can't compare aluminum heads on a wedge to aluminum heads on a Gen II Hemi.

The wedge is a great motor, but it's no Hemi. We may as well be debating a 383 Magnum vs. a 440 Magnum.....

You're right about the differences - "Wedge a great motor, but it's no HEMI". A Wedge is a wedge-headed motor and a HEMI is a Hemispherical-headed (meaning half-ball, or half-moon shaped chambers) motor. Nothing special between the two except the "top-end" pieces (carbs, heads valvetrain and camshaft). The blocks are different because of the HEMIS' hi-rpm, high torque output range, versus the WEDGES low to mid rpm, high torque output range. Just pick what range you want to run in - a HIGH-RPM screamer, or
a low-end "stump-pulling" super torque monster. Both EQUALLY run hard in their effective "ranges".

Go back a few pages and read my dyno figures on my 89.5 octane pumpgas Hemi. 818ftlbs.@4800. 852hp@ under 5900rpm. You can have your cake and eat it too.Dave