Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A wedge will work but a hemi is prettier. Hemi's used to be expensive so I understand why people drove wedges but today if you are building from new parts the cost is the same nearly to the penny. (If you want to go thru the price list item by item we will.) I will never figure out why someone would drive a wedge.

really? crank, rods, pistons, cam maybe but blocks, heads and valve train? no way. Hemi headers and intake are also more expensive. You'll spend 2x as much (maybe more) building a 600hp hemi vs wedge.

I have built both the 542ci 440-1/indy 542ci hemi/indy head. every part on both motors new. everything. And neither are 600hp closer to 900hp. the Hemi maby $1600. more. the wedge is a great way to go. but for me that little extra $1600, its HEMI all the way. I actually paid more for a set of headman hustlers for the 440-1' that I did for a set of tti' for the hemi.

I'm not talking about a 900hp motor. I'm talking 6-700 local track bracket motor. Of course when you get up there w/ the wedge (or any motor) the cost jumps a ton.