Quote:

I can leave the rear bar off altogether, but from why I've read so far, a rear bar should be helpful with 1" or larger t-bars. Am I on the right track here?

Not sure where you got the idea that t-bar size equates to rear sway bar, but that's not really right. In fact, skimming through the posts FrankenD specifically wrote ".. with a custom 1 1/4" front sway bar, 1" torsion bars and KYB shocks in front with Mopar Performance leafs, 7/8" rear sway bar and KYB shocks. My Charger kicked the tail out too easily and felt too squirrelly, so I pulled the rear sway bar off. It rolls and leans a little more, but it also handles predictably."

Whether a rear bar can be or should be used is about the total package starting with weight distribution; then spring rates and roll rate distribution, cg, roll centers, tires and use. Paraphrasing a comment in that other thread; the sway bars, especially the rear sway, are best used as a tuning tool.

Since we don't know the weight distrubution, nor the rear spring rates, nevermind the more subtle stuff, theres no way for us to know if this, or any rear bar will be too much. If your car is anything close to Frankendusters, then there is a good chance this rear bar could create too much rear roll rate.

As Rick E-berg was pointing out in the other thread, oversteering setup can sneak up on you at higher speeds. On the street, downhill curves create a situation where rear traction can get reduced sufficiently to put even a normally neutral car into oversteer. Combine this with wet or other surface conditions and things get even more dicey. Believe me, this is not so fun to learn the hard way.

Last edited by Mattax; 04/03/12 10:03 AM.