Quote:

Well, to run out front nationally you have to run 4.80 1/8 miles and to do that you need to make 1500+ hp at x275 weight. BES built chevy BB's with big chief heads are getting it done, but Mopars can't run Predators or PS Hemi heads. Max effort BES 11* big chiefs flow 556 cfm @1". That is as much as my Hemi99 flows, yet the Hemi head is outlawed. Predators flow less and aren't legal either. So you're faced with trying to use a B1-MC or PSO, which is like 470 cfm.

I personally believe the smallblock n2o combo would be a better package. A good w8/9 purpose built, max effort nitrous engine could compete with SBF SBC engines. The smallblock isn't that far behind the BB in hp and gets to weigh a lot less. The sb runs @2950, can use any induction and multiple carbs and as many kits as you want. The bb runs @3250 lbs, can only run a cast manifold with a single carb and one kit only.

No Big Chief heads allowed. That was a "conventional" BBC head engine.

I was talking to the guy that built Shelly Smiths X275 SBC thats been low 4.90's - he seems to think a small block mopar with forced induction could be very competitive. The problem is there's only one or two people in the country willing to spend the $$ it takes. The mopar crowd is notoriously cheap when it comes to top shelf builds...

Cruiser: 66 Dodge Coronet 500, Indy SR 440, Gen 7 Accel EFI = 11.38 @ 116.
Racing: Brand X, X275 Procharged Smallblock on M1, Leafsprings, Holley EFI = 4.30 @ 168