Quote:

I will admit I don't know the 275 & X275 rules but if they allow a round tube backhalf car that's the only way I see getting even an A-Body light enough. The Dart Donald & I run has stock frame rails front to rear, basic 6 points of cage are mild steel balance is moly, ladder bars, Bob's Pro Fab front end, 5 gal fuel cell, one 16V battery, 1 10# n2o bottle, 2 Kirkey sets, Spaghetti Menders wiring, fiberglass hood, bumpers, doors & deck lid, lexan side windows, quarter glass & rear window, R3/W8 w/ Liberty 5 speed. It weighed right at 3000# with Donald race ready.

We may go to fiberglass front fenders and a lexan windshield while rebuilding from the fire but I don't where can find anymore weight to remove.

Not saying it couldn't be done but someone would have to spend a major amount of money for very little return. In my younger days If I would have had the resources I do now I probably would try to built a competitive car but the older I get I just don't see spending the $.

Mike Gray

Heya Mike, Donalds car would fit right in. I think SB nos without canted valve heads needs to be 2950#.

I hear ya on blowing the money as you get older. This is why I've been tap dancing around actually putting something together the last couple of years. It's easy to just fart around with the GTX and not have to bust a$$ on a heads-up car.

'65 Belvedere
'68 GTX
'57 Dodge pickup