OK, so I have been thinking about a few ground rules for the replicas.

First and foremost, the vehicle must be a 1969 B-body (a 68 with a fiberglass hood won't cut it) either Belvedere or Coronet based, 2 door hardtop or coupe, with appropriate interiors, and exterior features (emblems, decals, etc.)

Second, vehicle must possess the features that are special to the A12 breed. That is, there must be a 440 between the fenders, a 6bbl (or 6 pack) on top, a fiberglass lift off hood, and some facsimile of a fressh air style air cleaner (I was going to limit it to original style only, let me know what you think) made of fiberglass, steel or aluminum.

Third, options that vary from original A12 cars should be limited (i.e. prefer black steel wheels to aftermarket wheels, Dana to 8-3/4). I was lienient on this last one since I know a lot of the A12s were modified the day after they were bought and I am not sure how many original A12s still have all their goodies.

Fourth, modifications made to improve drivability, performance, or safety are acceptable (i.e. aftermarket ignition, headers, disc brakes). Afterall, we replicate the originals but aren't afraid to change them a bit in the name of improvements without devaluing an original.

What do you folks think.

T.J.

Last edited by RoadRunner; 11/12/04 08:37 AM.

68 Road Runner (383/4speed, post car w/decor pkg) - Major Project
69 Road Runner w/472 Hemi & 4 speed.
70 Challenger R/T SE EF8 w/ V9J, U - A32 - Major Project
2023 Ford Mach 1