Moparts

A12s at Carlisle 2005

Posted By: dstryr

A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/22/03 09:13 PM

I have emailed Lisa Leathery at Carlisle Promotions and let her know what we are cooking up here and will let you all know what information she gives me just as soon as I get it.

Seth, You had a GREAT idea to get all the cars together.....but I would have to trailer my car from Colorado Springs and as I posted would like to see an event like Carlisle. If you were 200-250 miles away you'd see me EVERY year in Marion.

My car is not restored and wouldn't be in 2005(RM23M9A272929, #144 on the registry). I hope every owner that can bring an A12 car will do so. I know that $$ can be an issue to travel, let alone restore a car but the invitation is open to all who want to try for Carlisle in 2005. Please start thinking about bringing them unrestored as well as restored.

I'll keep a tally and figure out way to let you guys see an updated 'roll call' for who is:

A) Going to Carlisle in 2005
B) Not going
C) Hoping to and gonna try real hard to be there:)

Thanks,
Frank

Posted By: Seth_Jones

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/23/03 09:59 PM

Hey I understand that nobody is going to drive much over a couple hundred miles to speck on the map Marion LOL.So we will just have a few cars this year and maybe in a few years have something that is worth traveling along way for. Hope the Carlise deal goes well!

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/06/04 10:42 PM

Hi, Guys

I just received this reply, below, from Lisa Leathery at Carlisle Promotions. She is asking for participation in '04 but I'll let her know that we are really looking ahead to 2005 and a few of us need a little more time to get this planned so that we get a maximum number of cars.

We can get a club tent with 25 registered 'members'(include your wives, kids and pets, if necessary)-we just need to come up with a 'Club Name' for them........any ideas? We could also have parking space together for a great 'gang' effect if we want.

I think that would be cool. We could watch over each other's cars and wouldn't have to worry about walking away to see the rest of the show and losing our fender tags

They might even assign us a class for judging!!

Later,
Frank

"Hi Frank, thanks for your interest in the Carlisle All Chrysler Nationals. We would welcome you group's participation. In answer to your question yes we can arrange for your members to be parked together and if you have 25 or more vehicles registered you would qualify for a club tent (even if you are not a club). In order to make these arrangements we will need to continue communicting. I would like to have you make a committment for the 2004 event. All individual owners will need to register under a club name so you will need to tell me what you want to be called. In order to get the tent and in order for us to have enough space for you to park together we will need to have the members pre-register. That way we will know how many cars will be coming. We will also need to discuss the possibility of assigning a class designation for your group that way we can also have the cars entered into the participant ballot award competition (1st 2nd and 3rd in class). I can provide you with additional information. I look forward to talking with you in more detail regarding your get together. I am sure your group will enjoy the show. This year Buddy Baker will be a guest. He will be here on Saturday. We also have drag racing on Friday evening. There is lots to do you will have a great time. Hotel rooms are difficult to get so once you make a decision about coming you will need to start looking for a hotel. Get back to me regarding your final decision. We look forward to your attendance.
Lisa"
Posted By: M_code_Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/06/04 11:03 PM

Good work Frank,

Thanks for your efforts in taking this on. Sounds like the tent is free of charge? Nice.

Quote:

we just need to come up with a 'Club Name' for them........any ideas?

Let the contest begin!

I'll offer a few to start things off.

A12 club
A12'ers
69n a half'ers
9n a half'ers
Lift Off Hoods
A12 Hoods
Lynch Road Boys

Thanks again Frank!

Best regards,
Coop
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/07/04 12:21 AM

What about

Moparts A12's
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/07/04 08:07 AM

The M-code club

Tri-sixty-9

Posted By: A12

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/07/04 02:08 PM

Was there any other production car that ever came without hood hinges? Seems to me this is the only production car to ever have a Lift-Off-Hood This is the most unique item on these cars as the '70 and later models had hinged hoods.

I think "Lift-Off-Hood" for sure should be a part of the name (but that's just my opinion).

Lift-Off-Hood
M-Code, A12-Pkg
REGISTRY

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/07/04 02:13 PM

Quote:

What about

Moparts A12's

I like this one !
Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/07/04 02:32 PM

How about the "empty wallets"

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/07/04 03:51 PM

You know, we're already in a 'club'.......Dave's registry. 1969-1/2 SixPack/SixBbl Owners Club sounds pretty good.

Keep the ideas coming.

Frank

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/07/04 04:53 PM

yea," empty wallets club "

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/07/04 05:48 PM

Yep, That's the ONLY reason I will show up with an un-restored car.
Posted By: 69_SIX_PACK

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/07/04 09:04 PM

I think the
Lift Off Hood Re-Union
sounds about the best.
To me the name isn't important to me at all seeing 50 to 100 A12 cars will be awesome!!!

As a side note I think it is important that we start spreading the word. That means each of us need to start telling people have they heard about the upcoming Lift Off Hood Re-Union at Carlisle 2005!!!
Lets face it we are just a small fraction of A12 owners, there are lots of people that aren't even on-line yet or haven't run across Moparts or the Lift Off Hood Registry websites.
For those who subscribe to MCG maybe we could write in and get our "free" classified ad?
Any other ways you guys can think of advertising?

LIFT OFF HOOD RE-UNION 2005!!!

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/07/04 09:36 PM

Hi, Dave

I put a post on MOPARCHAT.COM earlier today under the 'Vingtage MOPAR' heading and it got moved to 'Rumors and Gossip'(WTF??), getting no views. So I changed the post to say "Come see us at the A12 Restoration Forum at MOPARTS.COM"

Maybe you have to be a 4-time-a-day regular there to get to post non-technical stuff under the Vintage heading.
Posted By: RapidRunner

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/09/04 03:58 AM

I made it to the 1992 Chrysler at Carisle 6-Pack Reunion. If anyone remembers it was free to register your 69 1/2 6Pack/6bbl car but we were not judged (we did get a small dash plaque). We had our own section at the show. You can check out the April 1993 Mopar Action, it covered the event.

I would be excited to go to the 2005 event, especially since it seems like many more A12 cars would be there.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/09/04 09:43 PM

Quote:

I made it to the 1992 Chrysler at Carisle 6-Pack Reunion. If anyone remembers it was free to register your 69 1/2 6Pack/6bbl car but we were not judged (we did get a small dash plaque). We had our own section at the show. You can check out the April 1993 Mopar Action, it covered the event.

I would be excited to go to the 2005 event, especially since it seems like many more A12 cars would be there.

Well aren't we a bunch of Johnnie Come Lately's or what???
Did they really call it the Six Pack Re-Union?
Thats why that name has such a good ring to it...we have all probably heard it before!
Who organized that one...how did you guys spread the word?
How many cars showed up?
Does anyone have a copy of the issue?
I wonder who will organize the never done before 2018 Lift Off Hood Re-Union...

Thanks RapidRunner!!!

Dave

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/09/04 09:56 PM

They did call it a Six-Pack Reunion. I just reread the artical and the Carilse ad in MA.

This event was organized by Carisle products. I have been going to Carisle events since the 80's (i was young them) and I look for the Carisle ads in the Mopar magazine each month.

I will try to scan the ad and article and post it here.

As for number of cars, not many as I remember, about 12 or so A12 cars. But it was real neat to see them all in one long line.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/09/04 10:50 PM

I think a big difference in the potential turn-out will be who is driving the movement.

I am fairly new to this board but see a close group of owners and enthusiasts here who are all willing to promote the 2005 gathering. When Carlisle organized the '92 reunion I am sure they did not have the contacts to invite 6pack/6BBL owners specifically. It was probably an open invitation and most other A12 owners would not have had a place like this to discuss it and plan it.

Fast forward to 2003/2004 and we have this great board, Dave's registry, and multiple places to publicize this. It will be exciting to see the turn-out.

For owners not associated with this site or Dave's registry we can at least get their names and car info and know where more of these cars reside.

What a great opportunity to expand our knowledge and create more awareness about these cars.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/10/04 02:48 PM

Amen! This forum is a powerful medium.

I see where the dates for 2004 are July 9-11.

Are there any firm dates yet for 2005? In car restoration time frames, it's coming up quick. I checked the Carlisle site but found nothing on 2005.

I'm guessing that 2005 will be in mid Summer as always. If they change it to early Summer in 05, it might be tough for some of us to show up with our rides.

That'll be exactly 36 years, from mid Summer of 69 to mid Summer of 05. 36 years since they first left Lynch Road to terrorize the streets of North America. What a reunion it will be.

Best regards,
Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/11/04 03:46 AM

I sent an e-mail to WWNBOA, Winged Warriors National B-body Owners Assoc. this evening. There is an address in Boone, Iowa listed for more information from the organization, as well as an e-mail address. I used to work in Boone during the summer of 1989 for a roofer. I used to see 2 Superbirds parked in a garage there....always thought they were pretty cool. Also have an aunt who lives in Boone so there might be a connection to the WWNBOA. Either way, I'll send in my $25 for a membership and work on getting some more publicity for Carlisle.

Frank

Posted By: BradH

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/15/04 08:50 PM

So, is there some (un?)official registration going on for people intending to bring A12s to Carlisle for 2005?

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/15/04 09:40 PM

Hey Brad for now we are just making sure everyone knows about it Carlisle 2005, as it gets closer we will have more details how to register and such.
Dave
Posted By: Nekid_A12

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/15/04 09:54 PM

Personally I like some variant of
Lift Off Hoods or
The Lynch Road Buys

Kinda sounds like something from a western. The others at the event would be heard to say in muffled tones as we walk past..."Hey...in't that one O them Lynch Road Boys??"
Posted By: RoadRunner

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/15/04 10:02 PM

I am thinking of driving my 6bbl replica down for this. I know its not the real thing, but "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". I can't wait to see all of these cars in one place.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/15/04 10:19 PM

Dave, all,

Just to let you guys know I am working on hats for this 2005 re-union/club.

Typical baseball hats which have of course a black bill to represent the lift off hood.

On the front of the cap the words: 'LIFT OFF HOOD RE-UNION' - in capital letters and 'Carlisle July 2005' in lower case letters. On the rear, on each side of the cutout-- A road runner or super bee emblem, and on the other '69 1/2'.

The kicker will be a little plastic scoop which will mimic the lift off hood scoop which will be fastened (sewn) to the bill. Those with runners will get the '440+6bbl' decal and those with bees will get the 'six pack' decal. I'm trying to keep the scoop looking cool-- not stupid...LOL, we'll see.

These plastic hood scoops will be approx 3 inches long, by 3 inches wide, by an inch high. I can get the side scoop decals made and the hat embroidery is not a problem. Even considering making underneath the scoop orange. Finding the right scoop might be hard.

As for color, all black, F6 green or Vitamin C....not because I like them but because they'll better work with everthing else. But still not sure about cap color, or getting multiple colors.

I'll tell you one thing...these hats are going to be very cool. Hopefully something you keep with your car at future shows.

I'll ask for suggestions but realize I'm trying to keep this somewhat under control so that it actually happens! Can't take everybody up on every suggestion or the hats will never get done.

I'll get back to you guys and submit the final product before making.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/15/04 10:34 PM

Wow that sounds pretty good Coop!
I will look forward to proudly struting around with my Lift Off Hood cap!!!
Dave
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/15/04 10:35 PM

Quote:

I am thinking of driving my 6bbl replica down for this. I know its not the real thing, but "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". I can't wait to see all of these cars in one place.

mine will be a replica also

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/15/04 10:36 PM

Quote:

For sure you should bring it down!
Are you gonna be cruising around Mississauga in it this summer?

Dave

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/15/04 10:38 PM

We'll see Dave,

Adding these little hood scoops without looking silly might be harder than it sounds. In the end might have to go without them. Hope not.

Best regards,
Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/15/04 11:45 PM

Brad, (and all others )

The email I received back from Carlisle Promotion's Lisa Leathery indicated that we will each need to register for the show under a group name/club name. It doesn't look like we can even register for 2005 yet.

I will in the next couple of weeks have a letter go out to all MOPAR clubs that I can find on the web(there is a link on one of the sites for clubs) and will make sure that at least the club officers are aware of the Reunion. That way we won't just be counting on this Forum and word of mouth to get the max. number of A12s. I think I saw about 150-200 clubs so the hard part will be addressing the envelopes. No big deal, just takes a little time.

When it comes time to making plans for the event I will continue to communicate with Lisa and make sure we have the amenities we need, ie. club tent, space for the cars to park together, etc.

To have adequate space for the cars will require each owner to register with Carlisle Promotions so that they know how many of us will be present.

I can add a post to this thread and add names as I get them from all the guys here and from responses to the letter I will send to the clubs. That way the list will grow, we will probably find 'new' cars and increase the traffic on this board as well.

So far I know only first names and a few last names of guys here. Should I do a list by first and last name, first name and Registry Car #??

What do you guys think?

Frank

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/15/04 11:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

For sure you should bring it down!
Are you gonna be cruising around Mississauga in it this summer?

Dave

Thinking about it. I would love to find a shop, or place to work on the car. I have a nasty engine noise and vibration that needs attention. Right now car is stored back home in Buffalo. Comes out in May. Any ideas on a good shop or someone willing to share some space? My garage here will fit the car, but no room to work.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/16/04 12:08 AM

Is that engine noise and the vibration the same problem or different? Mine had a bad vibration that was caused by the steel plate in the trans mount being broken into 2 pieces. Just a stress fracture from 25 years of street racing. A new mount cured it but good.
Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/17/04 02:37 AM

Quote:

I'm trying to keep the scoop looking cool-- not stupid...LOL, we'll see.

These plastic hood scoops will be approx 3 inches long, by 3 inches wide, by an inch high. I can get the side scoop decals made and the hat embroidery is not a problem. Even considering making underneath the scoop orange. Finding the right scoop might be hard.

I'll tell you one thing...these hats are going to be very cool. Hopefully something you keep with your car at future shows.

I'll ask for suggestions but realize I'm trying to keep this somewhat under control so that it actually happens! Can't take everybody up on every suggestion or the hats will never get done.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Coop

Maybe you could contact Ertle, Campbell, ect to see if they have left over lift off hoods from when they were making the 1:18 scale models and then you could put on the whole hood. Just my 6(bbl) cents Lon

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/17/04 02:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm trying to keep the scoop looking cool-- not stupid...LOL, we'll see.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Coop

Maybe you could contact Ertle, Campbell, ect to see if they have left over lift off hoods from when they were making the 1:18 scale models and then you could put on the whole hood. Just my 6(bbl) cents Lon

Maybe we would get lucky enough to have Ertl make another production run of the lift-off models as well.
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/17/04 04:11 AM

See if they will make an A12 Runner as well. There are already A12 Bees out there, but no Runners.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/17/04 04:23 AM

Quote:

See if they will make an A12 Runner as well. There are already A12 Bees out there, but no Runners.

I don't think you will see any Road Runners. It appears that Time Warner owns the Road Runner name now for thier high speed internet. I don't think there are any more new items marketed with the road runner emblems. I found the older 1:18 die cast road runners and the packaging says 1969 Plymouth and there are no bird decals. Also, the Road Runner floor mats are no longer available. Just my observations.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/17/04 01:55 PM

Johhny Lightning makes the 1/64 scale Runners and they have the decals on them. They also make the A12 version of the Bee. But I have yet to see an A12 Runner from anyone mass produced.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/17/04 03:39 PM

Hey, Frank, RoadRunner, Lon, ahooah... good info.

While you guys are at it, sounds like you may know more about models than I. Perhaps check around to see if some version of the lift off hood scoop is avaialable from a model maker.

I am looking for either just the scoop, which might be found through some of these custom resin shops who supply model making hobbyists with custom parts....

Or...

We might go with the entire hood which came on the Revell Monogram 69 super bee. I see on their site they have a 'lost part' form where you can order special parts from kits. I'd need the kit number for their 69 lift off hood bee kit (if anyone has that handy) then I can run the 'lost part' route through.

Whatever we can find that would sit on the bill of a cap and look like a 69 hood scoop. You guys who are up on models might have some ideas on this. I figure we need about 50, plus or minus, to go around and have some extra.

I'm sending emails to possible suppliers with this link so they know what it looks like:

http://www.aeroglass.com/scoops/mopar6.php

and I'm asking for one that is approx 3 inches by 3 inches by 1/2 to 1 inch high.

I'm a busy guy just like the rest of you and doing this search inbetween paperwork, roof inspections, and other much more important work (car). If you fellas could help run down this scoop I'd be very thankful and it'd make the hat project much easier for me.

Here's a link you can run through and check out. Send emails to those you think could help.

http://carmodeler.net/links.htm

Here's a forum thread I started:

http://www.modelcarkits.com/cgi-bin/webbbs/board.cgi?read=428710

Thanks for helping. You guys find the scoops and It'll help make the hat project easier. gotta run.

Best regards,
Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/17/04 04:20 PM

I just collect the die-cast already assembled stuff. I am not too skilled at the hands on stuff. I can't think of anyone that makes a scoop that big. However, there might be someone out there that has skill to make one up for you.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/17/04 05:18 PM

I am going to stick to my conviction that Road Runner items will be hard to get. This is based on a conversation I had with a supplier of the die cast cars a few years ago. I ran into this gentlemen in a store in Minneapolis Mall of America and struck up a conversation about cars. I don't recall his name, but we got talking about 1:18 die cast and such and mentioned that the Road Runner character and name was purchased and was going to be used for another product. He could have been the president of one of the die cast car makers for all I know. I actually put 2 & 2 together because you can get Road Runner (complete with the bird) high speed cable internet access in parts of NY. If someone is producing Road Runner items then they got permission to use it, its grandfathered, or it is being used illegaly. Some grandfathered items are the re-release of AMTs 68 Plymouth Road Runner 1:24 scale model. I am sure Time Warner's lawyers are probably as nasty as DCX lawyers can be if its being used illegaly. Either that, or they don't see a 1:48 scale car as a threat. If they got permission then I hope to see Road Runner floor mats, and new Ertl (spelling?) die cast cars with Road Runner emblems instead of GTXs.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/17/04 06:12 PM

Here is my e-mail to Ertl. Hopefully it doesn't go straight to the round file.

Goodmorning,

A group of us owners of 1969-1/2 Plymouth and Dodge A12 package cars are
planning a reunion event at the 2005 Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals. The
A12 package cars were specially built with Chrysler's first 440 cubic inch,
3x2bbl engines, black lift-off fiberglass racing hood, black wheels with
only chrome lug nuts and a Dana 4.10 rear end. They are ranked at number 3
on the list of fastest muscle cars.

We will attempt to get more than 100 to the reunion in an effort to bring
more attention to these rare cars. Very few are seen at the National meets
and we would like to make this a recurring event. Of about 4200 built, only
a few hundred are known to exist.

Our interest in contacting you is to inquire about the possibility of
producing a plastic or die cast scale model of both cars. There are
certainly many owners and hobbyists who would want to add one of these to
their collections.

Information about the group and the registry for these cars can be found at
this link:

http://www.sixpacksixbbl.homestead.com/index~ns4.html

It would truly be an honor for us to have the car reproduced in scale if
your company could produce it.

Sincerely,
Frank Smolik

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/17/04 06:59 PM

Nice . I personally would buy two, maybe three.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/17/04 07:41 PM

Like these peachstate cars?

Attached picture 775355-IM000620.jpg

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/17/04 07:43 PM

Attached picture 775358-IM000622.jpg

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/17/04 10:22 PM

dave maybe a letter to the mopar mags announcing this event will get the interest desired from those not internet friendly , a plug for the site also ?
Posted By: *440-6BBL*

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/18/04 01:14 AM

Quote:

Nice . I personally would buy two, maybe three.

One of each?

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/18/04 01:24 AM

This is the e-mail that I am sending to all the listed clubs found at www.yesterdays-cars.com/Mopar_clubs.htm. It's way easier to cut and paste email addresses than stuff envelopes. The clubs without email contacts will get a letter.

Dear fellow Mopar enthusiast,

A group of 1969-1/2 A12 package Roadrunner and Super Bee owners including
myself are planning a Reunion for the All Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle in
2005. In restoration and preparation terms, this date is not that far off.
There are many of our cars registered at the Registry website:

http://www.homestead.com/sixpacksixbbl/index.html

We are asking for your help in spreading the word and extending the
invitation to your members who have one of these cars and also to
invite those who are fans. We hope to have 50 to 100 cars in 2005 and then
have a Reunion every 3-5 years thereafter.

It will be an impressive sight to have this many A12s in one place since
they left the Lynch Road assembly plant in 1969.

Details will be unfolding and available at the Registry and at the A12
Restoration Forum on MOPARTS.COM.

Please help spread the word.

Sincerely,
Frank Smolik
A12 owner

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/18/04 02:29 AM

If they do produce the A12 Runners (scale models that is) sign me up for a couple.
Posted By: sixpack4spd

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/18/04 02:35 AM

They can build the Road Runner as long as they don't call it a "Road Runner". I'd be happy if they just called it a "Plymouth"

(That's why all the new cars are called "GTX". They even built a blue "Superbird" without the Road Runner logo's on them.)

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/18/04 02:37 AM

I can still get my hands on 1/18 scale Runners with decals, but not with the lift off hood. The one for the Bee don't fit and the decal on them are not the same. If they make a GTX or Plymouth with the "440 6BBL" decal on a fiberglass hood, I would buy some just for the hood to transfer onto the Runners out there.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/18/04 10:10 PM

OK ran across something for you guys lamenting the lack of a 69 1/2 Runner model.

"1969 Road Runner 440 6-Pack conversion $18.00

Hood with scoop, grille
Bench seat with separate headrests
and matching rear seat
Steel wheels

Use with: AMT 1969 Plymouth GTX"

Click on 'Chrysler' at the top left of the page then scroll down:

http://www.perrysresin.com/catalog.htm

Best regards,
Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/18/04 11:30 PM

Quote:

OK ran across something for you guys lamenting the lack of a 69 1/2 Runner model.

Coop, That's great, now to find the model. Too bad no picture, but that's probably the right size hood/scoop for the hats, also. A little spendy to be puttin' those on hats but maybe you'd get a break for a large purchase.

And, you just HAPPENED to run across that website?? LOL

Frank

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/18/04 11:58 PM

Local toy shop here may have a few of the 69 Plymouth GTXs. I will check it out tomorrow.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/19/04 12:14 AM

Was kind of hoping for a finished hood for the 1/18 size Ertl. Not too handy at putting my own together, that's why I buy the Johnny Lightnings.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/19/04 12:53 AM

I'm friends with Rob and John @ MCG and will try to remember to call them next week after the Las Vegas show to see if they've been told about this. As for models, if a Road Runner model car be had I will want a couple. Lon

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/19/04 02:35 AM

Frank, Ahooah, Lon,

Glad to put you guys onto something for the RR models.

I'm trying to find scoops, not hoods, that we can mount on hat bills...unless you think entire hoods- sitting on hat bills- would look OK?

Here's the link for 'Competition Resin' parts. There's just about every kind of scoop known to man on this site. Check through all 7 pages and you'll see what's there.

Landy scoops, Dart Hemi scoops, Six pack scoops, AAR snorkel scoops, you name it, this guy makes it (our six pack scoop is 13 down on this page).

Problem is these scoops are too small to mount on hat bills. I called this guy today and he says they are about 1 inch by 1 inch. No way we get our call outs on those tiny scoops.

No worries, one of our members MIGHT be able to resin mold and produce the right size for us. But he's not sure so keep your eyes open in the meantime, please.

http://ecsvr.com/slx/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=3

Best regards,
Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/19/04 02:44 AM

Here's someone who has the AMT 69 GTX

http://www.hobbylinc.com/cgi-bin/a3.cgi?add=amt31930&q=1&back=http://www.hobbylinc.com/prods/s_amt_3.htm

Best regards,
Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/19/04 10:16 PM

I finally got a new Scanner

Here's the article about Carisle the year they had the 6pak reunion. The reunion was Aug '92. Article was April '93 Mopar Action.

3 pages total.

I noted my cars picture on page 2

Attached picture 779811-6pakreunion1.jpg

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/19/04 10:17 PM

page 2

Attached picture 779813-6pakreunion2.jpg

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/19/04 10:17 PM

page 3

Small blurb about 4 paragraphs down about 6pak reunion

Attached picture 779815-6pakreunion3.jpg

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/19/04 10:37 PM

Quote:

page 3

Small blurb about 4 paragraphs down about 6pak reunion

How many A12's were there for the first reunion?
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/20/04 03:13 AM

I took my Bee to the Nat's in 96 for the 25 year celebration! I recall having a great time, but I can't remember how many cars showed up! Jim usually has some sort of special feature each year for the Nats.. I guess the lift off cars are due for another feature!
KIDSIXPACK

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/20/04 04:07 AM

As for number of cars, not many as I remember, about 12 or so A12 cars. But it was real neat to see them all in one long line.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/20/04 01:18 PM

Quote:

How many had their vin's covered?

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/22/04 12:24 AM

can't recall. I was not into the numbers thing then.

i know all hoods were off at one time.

I only meet two owners, one from MI and the other from Ontario (white Runner). I would have to dig in my folders to find their names.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/23/04 08:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

How many had their vin's covered?

naughty , naughty
Posted By: kevin69bman

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/24/04 04:11 AM

Count me in I cant beleve I missed this post

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 05/31/04 02:05 AM

Found this in my garage tonight. It's the plaque given out at the reunion in Carlisle.

Attached picture 924602-DSC00212.JPG

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 05/31/04 08:25 AM

Being it was just laying in your garage unwanted, can I have that plaque

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 05/31/04 03:53 PM

It was actually hangin on the wall under the aircleaner lid I posted under the something for superbee boys post.

When I moved into my house I hung the plaque on the wall and hung the lid over it until I could find a permenant home for the lid. I guess I never got back to them.

I'll have to remember to display it next year at the reunion.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 05/31/04 03:56 PM

I was at the 92 show but realy didn't hit the show field for some unknown reason

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 05/31/04 04:08 PM

We were seperated from the regular show field. Down behind the lower building in the flats.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 08/16/04 09:32 PM

By the way, for the A12 Reunion, does Carlisle plan their 'Headliners' in advance, ie. are we bucking a plan by billing this the 'A12 Reunion at Carlisle' without their buy-in?

I know we'll all be going anyway, but you guys that are more familiar with their show, any ideas?

I will e-mail Lisa Leathery again and see what she can do to help support our advertising. Hopefully we can get the flyer to them and have them incorporate all or part of it into their 2005 marketing campaign.

Frank

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 08/16/04 11:58 PM

Hey Frank,

You keep emailing that Lisa Leatherly and your wife might get the wrong idea.

But-- you made the contact last year, so I guess you're just gonna have to keep the line open for us.

Keep us posted on what she says, and tell her that we will have some info coming out in MCG, not to mention Bill's buddy Tom Hoover in attendance....AND-- Mr Sox might make it also-- if he's up to it.

So, go ahead and blow her skirt up a bit. IT'S THE A12 RE-UNION FOR GOODNESS SAKES-- IT HAPPENS ONLY ONCE IN A VERY GREAT WHILE!

Thanks for all your efforts.

Regards,
Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 08/20/04 06:39 PM

Coop,
I'm not married....but my wife is

Here's the latest from Carlisle:

Frank - I will make a note in my file to get back in touch with you sometime
in late September. We are interested in the reunion and we will need to
discuss details regarding the gathering. How many vehicles do you expect?
I would like to consider having an article in our event publication
regarding the reunion, can you supply historical background information.
Please forward me copies of all printed inforamtion. Thanks for your
interest in the Carlisle All Chrysler nationals. We will get back together
in September.
Lisa

Gary, I could sure use some color copies of the ad. Could you e-mail a file or send a couple dozen that I can hand out around here?

Thanks,
Frank

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 08/20/04 06:44 PM

Quote:

Coop,
I'm not married....but my wife is

Here's the latest from Carlisle:

Frank - I will make a note in my file to get back in touch with you sometime
in late September. We are interested in the reunion and we will need to
discuss details regarding the gathering. How many vehicles do you expect?
I would like to consider having an article in our event publication
regarding the reunion, can you supply historical background information.
Please forward me copies of all printed inforamtion. Thanks for your
interest in the Carlisle All Chrysler nationals. We will get back together
in September.
Lisa

Gary, I could sure use some color copies of the ad. Could you e-mail a file or send a couple dozen that I can hand out around here?

Thanks,
Frank

Thats a good start Frank, keep up the good work!!!
I am hoping 35 to 50 A12's but I would love to see more!!!

Dave

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 08/20/04 07:18 PM

like I said before, you guys cant swing a dead cat at a show back east without hitting an A12 car, the most I have ever seen out here is 3
Posted By: Fasbird

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 08/20/04 08:56 PM

Frank,

Got your email. A bunch of Reunion flyers will be off in the mail come Monday. BTW, Frank you have an email coming your way.

Maybe A12(Mike) can send you the "Color" version. Like a dummy, I deleted the file when I printed a bunch of the Black & White versions.

I want to say the color file is in one of the 2005 Carlisle posts. I'll look for it.

Gary

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 08/21/04 12:07 AM

Here's the Re-Union Flyer that A12 came up with.
Pretty simply and right to the point.
I am printing up copies right now for Moparfest this weekend.
Every A12 there will get one, plus I will put it on a few info poles!!!!

Dave

Attached picture 1095478-Re-Union Flyer.JPG

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 08/21/04 02:17 AM

Quote:

Here's the Re-Union Flyer that A12 came up with.
Pretty simply and right to the point.
I am printing up copies right now for Moparfest this weekend.
Every A12 there will get one, plus I will put it on a few info poles!!!!

Dave

Hey, you never know who has an A12 or knows someone who does.

Pass out the ad to as many Mopar owners as possible. The pole posting is a great idea.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 08/21/04 02:39 AM

This was the "final" version ( )

Attached picture 1095896-A12 HOOD SCOOP.FLYER VER 800x600 5a jpg.jpg

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 08/21/04 02:45 AM

Attached picture 1095904-A12 HOOD SCOOP.FLYER VER 150x200 5a jpg.jpg

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 08/21/04 03:06 AM

WOW that version looks good too, Mike.
I am printing some of those off too!
I am planning on asking the A12 owners to leave them on their dashboards, right next to the VIN if possible. Alot of people usually look there.
Dave

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 09/15/04 06:21 PM

Quote:

Undoubtedly, the Mopar Nationals. 2005 will be the 25th anniversary of the Mopar Nationals and the Road Runner will be the featured car. There are also some very special events in the planning stages that will make next year's Nats the wildest Moparty ever. Carlisle is neat and all but if this is your one and only chance, you'll remember your weekend at the Nats forever.

I just pulled this quote off the General board, posted by ONEBADSUPERBIRD. Carlisle is still the place for '05, but knowing that the Roadrunner is going to be the featured car at the Nats would have made the Nats a good choice.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 09/15/04 06:38 PM

Been doing the Nats since '94. "05 will be my first year at Carlisle. I'm planning on attending Carlisle, Nats, and MMW next year. Probably with the '71 at the Nats, and MMW. It should be back together by then

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 09/15/04 07:13 PM

Aren't the '68 Hemi Darts & Barracudas also "lift-off hood" cars, too?

Seems to me calling 'em what they are, 1969 440 Six BBL Road Runners & 440 Six Pack Super Bees, would have been more correct (although far more verbose!).

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/26/04 04:49 AM

I need Carlisle info, as I'm a newbie to Carlisle. I went to the www.carlisleevents.com page. Went to see what's up with the Mopar event July 8-10, 05. It said the site is closed to online registration. Is it normal to register at the gate on Friday? Or should I pre-register by mail with the downloadable registration form? If I register at the gate, will I be able to park where I want?(with all the A12 boys, of course!) Or will I be relegated to the netherlands of obscurity, never to be seen or heard from again?

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/26/04 04:54 AM

Gary,

I think that needs to be determined. When I went to the 6pack reunion in '92. I paid a special price becuase I was not being judged and they had a specail place for us to park together.

In the initial discussions it sounded like we may be able to get a place all our own.

Anybody hear anymore from Carlisle productions??

It would be nice to get this nailed down so we can all start registering.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/26/04 03:15 PM

Quote:

AGREED!!! Anyone have communications with the Carlisle people???

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/26/04 08:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

AGREED!!! Anyone have communications with the Carlisle people???

Guys, I got a call from Lisa at Carlisle TODAY asking for some info. I was(am) at work and had to get her number. I'll talk to her again today or tomorrow and then post the details.

I did not save to my hard drive the 2 flyers you guys came up with for the reunion. Could you PLEASE repost them for me(they are gone like all the other attachments)? I want to send those to Lisa as well.

Thanks,
Frank

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/26/04 09:27 PM

Here is one....

Attached picture 1235985-869873-Promotion.JPG

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/26/04 09:31 PM

And another....

Attached picture 1235995-1065032-A12 HOOD SCOOP.FLYER VER 800x600 5a jpg.jpg

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/26/04 11:26 PM

Thanks for the scans, Nekid!!

I talked to Lisa at Carlisle just a few minutes ago and have some info for y'all.

1) REGISTRATION will be open in January, probably around the 4th or so. $35 for pre-registration includes one car and 2 adults for all three days. Late registration, less than 20 days before the show will be socked for $45.

REGISTER EARLY!!

2) ONLINE REGISTRATION will be available, with a selction to register with the A12 REUNION GROUP. When they set up the site for pre-registering, we ALL need to register as part of the A12 group so that the Carlisle people know how many of us to expect.

3) Lisa would like to have a Significant Guest, an engineer or product development team member or someone closely connected with the car's promotion/marketing be a guest. She know Ronnie Sox and the guys at MCG and will talk to them(MCG) for ideas.

Who would you guys want to see?

Also, she asked if there were a 'test' or 'development' prototype car that has significance in the history of the model.

Who's got the Cecil County car?

She would also like a clean, clear photo of a car and a short paragraph on the developmental and racing history of the car.

4) There is a number to call for help in finding a room. 877-727-8573

The same people can get us a block of rooms if anyone is interested in hanging out after hours at the same hotel/motel and promises to play nice.

5) If your car is staying on the patrolled show grounds overnight, get walk-in passes when you register so that you don't pay spectator admission at the gate every morning.

The only other group, so far, that is being featured is the T/A and AAR guys.

What am I forgetting?

Frank

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/27/04 03:14 AM

Quote:

The only other group, so far, that is being featured is the T/A and AAR guys

and A12s. "I love the smell of fiberglass in the morning"

GREAT JOB FRANK

What kind of numbers do we need to get a tent?

Are they okay with setting aside an area specail for us to park together?

What about the Elderbrock test car?

Being the cheapscape I am I'd like know the cost for rooms??

Who would I like to see? How about the guy who wrote the DARN assembly instructions!

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/27/04 04:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The only other group, so far, that is being featured is the T/A and AAR guys

and A12s. "I love the smell of fiberglass in the morning"

GREAT JOB FRANK

What kind of numbers do we need to get a tent?

If we get a tent, find out the dimensions. I'll get a couple banners comp'd thru the auto group. Say, 1-2 feet high and 8-10 feet long, with "A12 Liftoff ReUnion Cars or Club". We could tie them high on the tent. HHMMM, Maybe the letters should be Bahama Yellow

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/27/04 03:41 PM

I'll be displaying this...

Attached picture 1237321-DSC00212.JPG

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/27/04 04:00 PM

Quote:

Pfffft

showoff

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/27/04 04:12 PM

Frank, I spoke with Tom Hoover and he would be very interested in attending the A12 re-union.

I also spoke with John Wehrly's son Linc and he's affraid that after John's retirement this December from Mopar racing that he will get very bored, so I told Linc that we would have something for John to do July 2005 . I'll give him a call and see if he's available too.

Mike

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/27/04 06:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Pfffft

showoff

Were are all the other board memebers who were there? Are these cars not owned by board members??

I'm sure some of the T/A, AAR guys are pictured

Attached picture 1237569-SixPackReunion1.jpg

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/28/04 12:44 PM

Thanks to Dave and Frank we are on top of this endeavor. Here's what's going on to date:

Ted Struse, owner of 'Project Six Pack' is interested in possibly bringing his car to the Re-Union from Colorado. Frank, who is also trailering his car to the Re-Union, is seeing if there's a viable way to tow both without incurring too much added expense. Anyone who thinks they can assist Frank in anyway possible, whether it's in the actual work involved with the trip, or monetarily to offset expenses, please contact Frank (dstryr) to compare ideas. If no one surfaces, we as a 'club' should examine methods to funnel raised funds (from our members or sponsors) into Frank's trailering efforts.

Along with 'Project Six Pack' Mike (A12) has had conversations with Tom Hoover who has expresseed interest in attending. We are also going to contact Ronnie Sox who normally attends York US 30 Re-Union this weekend which is but a scant 40 miles away. We're hoping he can commute from York to Carlisle and spend afew hours with us. Of course his health is a major concern in all of this. Other attractions include John Wehrly who Mike is also tracking down.

Lon (PLATINUM6BBL) has approached the folks from MCG as well as I believe Mopar Muscle (? sorry Lon I can't recall who else you've been in contact with). Anyway, that is another area of intererst we need to exploit to our advantage. Getting a committment from a specific magazine to act as our 'sponsor'...or from a few to increase coverage is key to making this be the best that it can be. We should consider taking ads out in some 'old school' magazines like Hemmings etc to reach as many owners as posible. We forget that we are really just a fraction of the A12 world.

We should also have some fellas working on T shirts, hats and other keepsake items for those who attend. Miles (Real6BBL) has expressed interest in working on creative ideas for these items. I'd like to help him with this also (one idea is attached which includes a possible T shirt). We'd appreciate all your ideas and clever sayings to consider in our efforts. Also we we're thinking of hats (bee and runner specific), T shirts, cling signs -which are non sticky- for all true A12 windshilds (the size of bumper stickers), and/or anything else which you guys think might be cool.

We also should consider having a video made to record the Re-Union and interview both our guest arttractions and some owners. We don't yet have anyone interested in seeing how to best pull this off. It'd be nice if someone here has some video background or a connection to a pro who could pull it off cheap. If not we'll probably have to do it ourselves and hope for the best. If this is what happens there are professional editors in almost any phone book which we could take the raw tape to for completion.

We also need, or might benefit from someone assisting Frank in his dealings with Carlisle. He has done a great job working this along with Lisa Leatherly to date, but might appreciate sharing the burden with one or two of us.

So, here's where we are....

We are looking to assemble 'teams' of guys to help with the above areas of need. If there are any other topics of need which you guys want to organize for the Re-Union, table them now. Volunteers are needed to make this as good as it can be. At the same time, we don't want to overburden any one individual, or team, with too much work-- so the more volunteers the better.

Those of you who are planning to attend please consider what you might like to help with. Those who are not able to attend, perhaps you'd like to help in one of the teams efforts anyway.

Money will be an issue in this. It takes money to tow cars (Project Six Pack), print shirts, hats, banners etc. Once teams are formed they should estimate their budget (if any) and pursue funding through sponsor(s) or individuals. It might be wise to form a team specifically for raising money. Not that we need large amounts to make this all work, but we will need some to make it as good as it can be.

This can be a really good memory for all A12 owners. Imagine a video of 40-50 A12s, with members faces and cars, Sox talking about the June 69 Super Stock magazine run (Cecil County), Hoover talking about the design and build history-- both of them signing cars (!), Project Six Pack owner Struse talking about his 6 pack efforts on the track, and all the other Re-Union moments captured in a professionally done video. Those who can't make it might appreciate this video more than those who can.

Now's the time to get involved. We need everyone to make this as good as it can be. Pick a team to join and help!

Regards,
Coop

Attached picture 1239150-T shirt.jpg

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/28/04 02:50 PM

I just sent off a PM to John Pappas(Onebadsuperbird) of Five Star Productions. I explained what we have planned to date, and asked if he would do a "A12 Specific" DVD/Video. I'll chime in once I speak to John.

Also, I think it would be "Key" to secure a tent and a specific parking area. I will commit to A12 Club banners. It would be great to secure these to a tent with the "History" cars, and memorabilia items, etc. If a tent cannot be secured, then I will at least get those Green stakes to pound in the ground to tie the banners to at either end of the A12 line-up.

Lastly, I told Dave, I would contact the Magazine editors. I will back off that, as Lon is involved. I will be talking to Robert Wolf in the near future about another issue, so I will drop another hint(strongly drop) in regards to the Reunion coverage.

Fast

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/28/04 04:04 PM

Gary,

In talking with Lisa at Carlisle, we will be assured of having a tent and parking space. Lisa said they will put a special link on the sign-up page to register specifically with our group. That will also be how Carlisle knows how many A12s to plan for. I'll ask Lisa how we should have owners register if they are calling in or registering by mail. If the car/registration is not tagged as part of the Reunion, then there may not be enough space set aside to accommodate all the cars.

Right now the only other featured group they are planning for is the T/As and AARs. It didn't sound like there were any other 'main event' groups being planned, but its still early and I can't say that for certain.

Thanks also for working on the video/dvd part of this.

One concern that Terry and I had that we discussed yesterday was getting info out to owners who are not on-line. A write-up in each of the major magazines would be great and I hope that that can be accomplished.

I sent out e-mails to all the MOPAR clubs on a very long list I found on-line several months back. I told the club contact in my e-mail what we were planning and asked that they market the Reunion at their club meetings. I also gave the links to the Registry and the Forum. I did not get any responses so wonder what you guys think of printing the flyer and sending one by mail to each club? I could work on that and get my wife to donate some time writing addresses on the flyers . No envelopes, just tri-fold them, tape and stamp them.

I think the major hurdle now is to get hats and shirts made. I know nothing about that business, but maybe Carlisle has vendors who will take on the financial liability of owning the shirts so that we don't get stuck with a bunch of clothing that is not easily sold after the Reunion is over.

All ideas and help are welcome!!!

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/28/04 05:05 PM

Here's an idea to get a preliminary count on A12's that ARE FOR SURE TO ATTEND. Why don't we start a Attendence specific thread that the attendees will PM the original thread poster, so the thread can be an updated "Roll Call" so to speak. Rather than an on-going, multiple post thread that may wander off in different directions. With all due respect. If we want to organize a car show, we have to stick to organization! If you want, I will volunteer for the job. I will start an "A12 Carlisle Attendence" thread, and will keep up with any up-dates that are PM'd to me.

Gary

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/28/04 05:16 PM

Gary,

The attendance thread sounds great. Just get a moderator to make it as a NO REPLY thread so you can be the only poster.

Consider yourself PM'd by me, I already have Hotel, transportation and vaction scheduled.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/28/04 05:31 PM

Just sent a PM of to Mopauly to see what can be done.

Mike, you're on the list. But it's still in my head. And that is very dangerous.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/28/04 05:42 PM

Maybe its just me,but isn't the hat and shirt thing a little too much? Some kind of window decal would be more than enough for me.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/28/04 06:43 PM

Just spoke to John Pappas of 5-Star Productions.

We're IN!!!!! He will do a "specialty Video" of the A12's. We will just have to set up a specific time at our parking location, so he can record the cars and owners. Sounds like that should be simple enough.

John is DA MAN! I'll keep everyone up to date.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/28/04 06:48 PM

Quote:

Maybe its just me,but isn't the hat and shirt thing a little too much? Some kind of window decal would be more than enough for me.

What about License plate frames? One that say "A12 Reunion. Carlisle PA 2005"

Plastic ones do not look that exspensive.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/28/04 11:43 PM

Gary,

Good work on the video! That's one less thing to worry about.

How does John operate? Does he supply custom services as in taping what we want? Or does he follow his own instincts taping what he wants with the thought of selling it to the broad mopar public? Any idea what he charges?

Good thinking on the banner! We'll need something to put at the start of our 'murderer's row'. I think the tent we get will be 15X15 approx (?) to keep the memorabilia items and info in. Sort of an information booth to pass out info memorabilia on our cars. Frank might be able to clarify the size.

Why don't you talk to Lon about your magazine ideas. I'm sure he'd welcome any help he could get....and this is where we need help! Getting the word out to as many publications as possible will directly influence how many cars show up next July. The more guys that can help here the better off we all are.

The attendance post is an excellent idea. Please try to set that up as soon as possible. As we go along in this 'promotion' those professionals who can help us will want to know how many cars they can expect to see. The number of cars might make the difference in whether or not a sponsor commits to funding or using major ink on our behalf. It will also influence who decides to come and be an 'attraction'. No one wants to cover, or be an attraction at a less than 'well attended' event.

Max and Mike, good ideas. Think about what you'd like to take home from this event...custom key chains, shirts, hats, plate frames, bring all ideas to the table and we'll whittle them down to what everyone prefers later. Hopefully some here have connections in this area and can get discounts. I just remembered Steve's brother in law (?) is a calander cameraman. maybe that's a way to follow up a month or two after the Re-Union. Mail out calendars to all.

C'mon guys. I know there are plenty of sharp thinkers here. Please offer your thoughts whether or not you plan to attend. No ideas too wild, mild, lazy or crazy to dismiss. Bring them forward for everyone to consider.

Regards,
Coop
610-476-7654

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/29/04 05:13 PM

Coop and Guys,

John from 5-Star will do as we wish, as long as we stick to an agreed upon time window for taping. He gave me the indication, this would not cost us a thing as long as we could accomidate his schedule. No Charge always sound's fair to me. He said he tapes approximately 4 hours of content, then edits into a presentation. I'm sure if we were to give him a 2 hour window which he is comfortable with, and we were all present at our cars it would work to all's advantage. He, obviously will concentrate on the well presented cars for short features, and film all as a bunch to get the overall presentation. Only my opinion of what might happen?? Coop, you and Miles should think about how you envision what the DVD should represent. Then we can map that out for 5-Star.

I will plan on committing to three good size banners. One for the tent, and two to be placed at either end of our A12 row. What do you think of that??

Here is an idea for all. When I parked in the Moparts section this year at the Nats, I made up a couple "Fasbird" signs to put on my windshield. All I did, was to type out my user name in 72( i think) Font in the "Landscape" mode, then lamenate it. Everyone knew my car belonged to Fasbird. You know, a car with a name sort of thing. I have a lamnating machine at my disposal. If it is agreeable with all the members, I will run-off all the attending A12 user name, and make up signs for everyone. Opinions??? Here is a pic Lemon Twist took. You can see the sign under my wiperblade:

What does everyone think of the Roll Call thread? Is it set up ok for the info needed?

If so: Keep those names coming in!!!

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/29/04 05:34 PM

Gary,

Taping the cars is great. It might be really neat if we could do a parade line of all the cars coming down the road. Might make for a nice opener or closer for the video.

Also, who ever is talking to the guest speakers might want to find out if they are okay being flimed.

I like the lamenant Window tags idea. What about name tags with forum name and real name. For us guys who have not meet everyone yet
Posted By: 694406

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/29/04 11:00 PM

All this Carlisle talk has me excited and it's 9 mo.s away! Has anyone west of St.Louis considered grouping together on a larger transport rig? The reason I ask is my only transport vehicle is my 76 full time 4x4 Ram Charger. If gas is where it is now or higher it will cost me $4,567.00 just for transport!!!! I haven't put much thought into it but here's the two I did have:
+ A semi pulling into Carilyle loaded w/A12s would be an awesome sight!
- If it wrecked on the way there the cargo is irreplaceable.
Any ideas?????

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/29/04 11:37 PM

I like the idea of the transport, tho the biggest drawback is that the swing to get several cars is going to take a week by the time its all arranged. Its not a straight shot, so down the west coast, into AZ, up toward CO, the zigzag could take a while.

Same deal on the way back. However, it could be an economical way to get several cars there and back, including(possibly) Project Six Pack out of CO.

It would be an enjoyable trip to not have to worry about a trailer, but to worry where my car was could offset that.

The idea definitely deserves some thought.

Frank

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/31/04 05:40 AM

C'mon guys ...Let's keep those names coming in for the "Roll Call" so we can establish a proper head/car count for Frank and Lon. They need this info when contacting the Magazines and Carlisle Productions. I keep seeing everyone stating they'll be at Carlisle in the other threads. I don't think you'all have to worry about this type info violating any privacy acts.

C'mon little buckeroos,....It won't hurt that much.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/31/04 05:44 AM

I need to share a hotel room if Im going to come, Im on a budget to get my wife to let me come

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 10/31/04 06:05 AM

Quote:

I need to share a hotel room if Im going to come, Im on a budget to get my wife to let me come

If you don't mind a cot, we can squeeze you in

That didn't sound right . How 'bout, you stay in our room if need bee.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/07/04 05:06 PM

I was asked a question for the roll call from a member.

Is the reunion only for original/authentic A12 cars, with the "M" in the VIN? Or can A12R/C's be included?

This is an interesting question. I would think any 69 b-body depicting the essence of the A12 would be welcome. I did not want to overstep any lines without bringing this question to thew forum. Please give your feedback.

Gary

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/08/04 02:12 AM

I spoke to Lisa on Friday morning, Nov. 5th about a few more details for Carlisle.

First, the tent will be for the members to hang out in, so will be at least 20'X20', probably larger. It will most likely be centered in our group of cars. Lisa said they have not made definite arrangements on where to put us or the T/A,AAR group. There will probably be another featured group as well, yet to be determined. Lisa said we may be close to the main building.

We talked about shirts/hats, etc, special guests, and marketing. She also gave me a name of her contact that makes up the official Carlisle shirts. There will be an official Carlisle shirt with the featured cars on them. She will contact Ronnie Sox for us but said she wants us to have a definite purpose for Ronnie to be there. He may want an appearance fee as well so if Carlisle springs for that then we should have a plan for Ronnie. Maybe it could be a 1-2 hour meet and greet; you guys that have done the big car shows before, chime in! She also knows Tom Hoover and will contact him as well. She said both us and her making contact is good. Tom usually attends every year, and same story for Tom. We should have a plan for his appearance as well.

As to the question of clones, I think the more the merrier!! Carlisle is the host of the show, though, and we are promoting the Reunion from this website. When any of us register with Carlisle, we will have an opportunity to register as part of the A12 Reunion group. I don't know how Carlisle handles clones, but I say if an owner has put the time and money into cloning a car, it should be included in our group as much as a guy who just bought an original A12 last week.

I'll be in contact with Lisa at Carlisle and ask the question as to how they classify repro/clone cars for registration/grouping purposes. She's out until the 15th, but in the meantime, I think Gary should include the car in question in the roster.

Frank

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/08/04 03:03 AM

Turns out after a further PM conversation with the member, that he has an A12 with modifications and was concerned.

But, I agree that clones/replicas that represent an A12 should be included. But, on the other hand I think, that just the addition of a "Liftoff Hood" to a '69 B-Body would not be enough to be called a clone.

This is a sticky subject of where the line is drawn. I, for one, do not want to be the one drawing the line.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/08/04 04:50 AM

I guess I'm going to have to start this debate off right. Stop reading now if you're offended easily. I know all the politically correct, self appointed heros and watchdogs of the clones are going to get upset. Too bad, here goes....

A12 Lift Off Hood REUNION.

Reunion implies that the participants were at one time together-- as In being produced mid 69 at Lynch Road. If we are going to open this up to everybody with a hood, it isn't really a reunion. So let's just call it what it is... a 'glas hood get together'.

This is getting to be like 'outcome based education' LOL...that's where everyone graduates because they 'tried'. What a joke. Don't get me started... It wasn't always like this...I have a 9th grade education from the 60s. Dropped out and went to work. Every job form asked what grade was graduated and putting down 9th wasn't the same as 12th....know what?...I now consider those 9 years the equivalent of a full college education today. Everything is watered down now and passes for what it isn't. Don't get me started....If we water down this REUNION we are no less guilty of the politically correct kissy kissy, make it nice for everyone because they 'tried' pap being spoon fed to the masses like Jim Jones kool aid.

No we don't live in a communistic society YET....so let's not pretend we, or all cars with glas hoods are the same. I'm simply saying what everybody knows is true.

And please don't play the poor indignant 'little guy' card on this one. You know the one which implies only an elitist would say such harsh things. It's almost as sickening as Johnny Cochran's race card.

What I say has nothing to do with prejudice, oneupsmanship, or pride. I'm NOT saying that A12 cars are 'better'. In fact I consider some clones MUCH NICER than A12s in quality and workmanship. Some are incredibly and magnificently done. Definite magazine material...BUT they are NOT the cars that were put together in mid 69 on Lynch Road with an A12 in their VIN.

I suggest we have an A12 clone section...yes, there I said it...let's keep them separated but right next to the pack. Isn't that cruel of me. LOL. Fire away-I can take it.

I hope this helps get us off to a lively debate. Please don't hesitate to weigh in with your thoughts.

Regards,
Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/08/04 04:59 AM

I got to agree with Coop on this one, its an A12 REUNION

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/08/04 07:58 AM

I have to agree with Coop too, if we don’t at least keep them separate then it only adds to the confusion of what is correct, what is correct and unique and what never happened because it’s a clone.

How will we keep them separated and draw the line (pun intended) so that the less knowledgeable don’t go away from the event thinking a ’68 B-body with everything A12 is correct? Sorry but if this was a dog show we wouldn’t want (or have) a “Boxer mix” class. This is an “International” show and event at Carlisle and no place to have the slightest misleading or incorrect examples to further confuse the breed.

If the AAR/T/A group allows clones then that’s really going to screw me up because I don’t even know the correct V.I.N. of one of those cars and just wait until I get into an argument with someone because I think they made them in ’73 too because I saw one at Carlisle? Now where is that ’70 Daytona parked? Aaaaahhhhhhhh, I didn’t just say that sorry
Posted By: anlauto

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/08/04 12:43 PM

I don't hang here (A12 fourm) too often so my opinion doesn't really count, but if it's going to be an A12 reunion then that's what it should be. There are plenty of other places for the clone cars ( b body modified) and I think they should be seperate.
Just think if they had a 1971 Cuda convertible reunion and 35 cars showed up

I can't wait to see all these cars parked together, what a sight

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/08/04 04:08 PM

Quote:

I got to agree with Coop on this one, its an A12 REUNION

See what I started Not intentionally, I might add!

I agree with the above quote. Being one of the new A12 owners, I tend to stick to neutral ground. I guarantee I will be more Politically INCORRECT in my second year of ownership . We have been promoting it as the "Liftoff Hood Reunion". With that said, we should reconsider our Flyer to boldly state, "A12 cars only", any condition, any modification, as long as the VIN is a "M Code". This should eliminate all/any confusion. NOTE: All the cars on the "Roll Call" are A12 cars.

Also, as long as we are getting the ground rules in order. Frank (Dstryr) has been doing an outstanding job communicating with the Carlisle people. If we are to get as much out of this as possible from the event, why aren't the attending A12 guys PM'ing their attendance info in. Don't some of you guys get it? Frank needs this info to show Carlisle that we have substance. Do you expect Carlisle Productions to bend over for 13 cars??????? We need real numbers to secure support to get people like Tom Hoover and Ronnie Sox, appropriate sized area for parking space, tents, and more important the total backing of the Carlisle people. Seems some attending owners are apathetic to the organization aspects of this event. I don't get it . But excuse me, I am very anal.

Speaking of Mr. Sox and Hoover. It was asked by Carlisle, that we should have a specific purpose for them to attend. I would love to have both autograph a glossy photo of my car. Maybe along with another photo of the Imfamous Sox and Martin drag car. Wouldn't that be neat. Mr. Sox would be there for a quick couple comments, then an autograph session. I would think Mr. Hoover would bring alot to the table on the birth of the A12, tuning tips, autograph session. Wouldn't these two celebrities bring a crowd over to our section to admire our cars? What do you guys think?

It's November 8th. July will be here before you know it, and we still don't have all our ground rules set, or wants/suggestions on the table. Let's hash this out now, and get Frank the info before the end of November.

These are the suggestions/items which are completed to date:

1. Commitment from Carlisle to have specific A12 registration, one tent, specific parking area. (However, I would think the size of the area will be determined by the number of cars Frank commits to) (Dstryr)

2. Commitment from Five Star Productions to tape the A12 cars for a specialty DVD. (Fasbird)

3. Commitment for three 8-10'x 3' banners for the tent and "Murderer's Row". (Fasbird)

4. Commitment to produce lamenated windsheild name placards for any member who wants one. (Fasbird)

These are the definate's. Who else is doing anything that is real? NOW is the time to speak!!!

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/08/04 10:02 PM

Frank, Gary...

You guys are doing a fantastic job. My thanks go out to you and all the excellent work you've taken on. I've been holding back on posting about this to see who else might step forward. At this point I guess it's time to just move on. I'm sure more guys will join in as the time approaches.

Frank, anything new on 'Project Six Pack' (P6P)? Is there any info yet on whether or not Mr. Struse plans on attending? If he's interested we as a group need to start crunching cost numbers on the trailering of his car. If he's not coming then lets know that too.

Forum...

As Gary stated it's time to get momentum working in our favor. If we can lock up the attractions like Hoover, Sox 'P6P' and perhaps a few others we can garner interest in the mopar community. From there it'll be easier to entice A12 owners who are fence sitting on trailering.

Specifics on the attractions?...

Mr. Sox and Mr. Hoover could:
sign cars
sign pictures
pose for pictures
be interviewed on the video.
the Sox interview might be about the Cecil County run and their 6 pack clinic car
the Hoover interview might be about the 6 pack conception and the hood design.

I was also wondering if we could extend a special invitation to John Grinwald and Rich Berlisk...after all these guys should be considered pioneers in the field of A12 restoration. Along those lines Roger Gibson and Frank Badalson could also be asked to attend. I wouldn't mind having all that knowledge and insight on tap to check out our cars and answer restoration questions.

I have been in contact with Hemmings and others on ad rates, but it'd be foolish to place ads before knowing exactly who/what the attractions actually are. If we can get all of the above we'd really have a venue to promote and entice those previously mentioned fence sitters.

I'll contact Berlisk and Grinwald. I'm pretty sure I can reach them through Randy. I'm almost sure Gibson and Badalson will be attending Carlisle so we'd just have to extend a special invitation to them to spend a specific time with us. Anyone want to give them a call?

Let's try to get the headliners and attractions locked up ASAP so we can get into the actual promoting of the Re-Union via ads and articles by the end of the month.

The current log jam as I see it is the lack of clarity regarding who's actually going to be there. Without knowing the attractions we cannot advance plan anything, or go to the mopar public and announce the event in detail.

Comments?

Regards,
Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/09/04 05:03 AM

Ok I ask fasbird if my car would be ok in the pm for this show I did not know if cars that were not back to show room were ok to come?I have had my car for 22yrs and have been tring to get it back to the way it was off the show room but you all know it takes time and money

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/09/04 05:13 AM

Kevin, even an unrestored workbench like my car is welcome if its an A12 car

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/09/04 05:24 AM

Thanks az it is a true car but went throw the drag stip time if you know what i mean but at least the guy kept most of the stuff that was on the car when he got it. Just whis I had the build sheet to prove it

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/09/04 01:05 PM

Kevin don't be silly...

Of course your car is welcome. Like a class re-union no one returns in the same condition as when they were last together. LOL.

Some have had harder lives than others and show the wrinkles. Some have added weight and lost hair. Like those people our cars may not sit in their suspension as they originally did and look like they carry extra weight. Some people have had plastic surgery to disguise their age. In that vein my car looks like a piece of scrapple from all the hacking and body work. So forget about how your car looks. It's a 36 year RE-UNION and all cars will have changed.

Clones are also welcome. That's right WELCOME! We just want to distinguish where they park so that the public understanding between what's an A12 and what's a clone is not blurred.

Regards,
Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/09/04 02:26 PM

Coop, well said!

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/09/04 03:48 PM

I talked to Ted Struse last night about 'Project Six Pack' and him coming to Carlisle. He is interested but there are logistical challenges to overcome. I'm less than 70 miles from him so hope to drive up and see him in my RR one of these nice weekends.

Its bliss living in Colorado in the fall, no snow, 50-60 degree days......its the life.

Once special guests are confirmed we will be mailing a copy of the flyer to all mopar clubs around the country. Hope to have the guests confirmed and the mailing out by early December.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/09/04 05:45 PM

When Kevin first PM'd me, I took his question as a blanket question about any liftoff hood treatment. Then he straightend me out, that his car was indead an A12! But, I had already posed the Clone question to the forum. I obviously left the member name out to protect the innocent(him), and the stupid(me).

But, as I thought about this subject of the Clones, it should have been asked anyhow. I believe Coop has the best idea. Maybe I can wrangle up another banner that says ...-A12 "Clones" Section-.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/09/04 07:42 PM

Kevin,

My car has a had a hard life and an very amature restoration. I am working right now just to get the 70s style sport mirrors off of it. But it will be there, nicks, dents, and yeh some bubbling.

But it stands proud.

Now as for the clones. Why can't we get nice windowshield registration cards made up?(to go along with Gary's)
That state real or clone along with owners name and other info.

I can work on that if it's a good idea.

Mike

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/09/04 10:30 PM

Mike,

That is a good idea-- and in fact Miles suggested that also. He's in the middle of moving right now so I'm not surprised he's been away from the forum.

What about a cling sign about the size of a bumper sticker that simply says ' *A12 Lynch Road Boys* '. Sorta like saying our cars are the 'boyz' back in town for the re-union. We could put something like that, or any other message you guys want, on A12 windshields. Those cars without the signs would be the clones. That's just an idea.

Mike, if you want to work on this please go right ahead. We'll table all ideas on this forum for approval/opinions a few months from now. Brainstorm away!

Thanks again for the offer to help.

Regards,
Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/11/04 04:12 AM

Hey Gary, I'm about 98% sure that I'll be there with that R4 Six Pack Bee that was at the Nat's this past year and I'm going to try to have my F6 Bee presentable enough by then, so I can bring it too.

Wayne

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/11/04 06:43 AM

Wayne,

You have a PM.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/11/04 05:40 PM

Quote:

But, as I thought about this subject of the Clones, it should have been asked anyhow. I believe Coop has the best idea. Maybe I can wrangle up another banner that says ...-A12 "Clones" Section-.

As a clone owner, may I suggest "replica" instead of clone. Clone gets such as negative conotation in some circle. No, I never plan on selling my car a s a real A-12. But it did start life as a real 69 Road Runner. It just didn't make the right assembly line. Anyway, after reading some of the posts, above I can see why some folks wouldn't want the replicas as part of the party. I was very gung ho on attending, but after reading a few above, I think I may just leave the car at home (maybe I am looking for an excuse not to drive 300 miles with 4.10 gears). I will see how this pans out. I think if someone does the replica thing with some class and objectivity, and not as "my car is better than yours" attitude then I think it could be fun. Otherwise, I'll go buy a kit car 'vette.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/11/04 05:52 PM

Roadrunner,

Please bring your car.

No negativity intended from us that are working on the organization of the Reunion. COOP's post was accurate in that a Reunion is by nature a regathering of the LOH cars that were built in a couple of months at the Lynch Road Plant.

He and I have talked on the phone and we agree that this should be a history lesson for us and others that attend the show, but mostly a lesson for non-owners so that they don't leave the show thinking that 3:23 gears came in an A12 or that anything but an M in the 5th position of the VIN is acceptable. Guests in attendance should leave the show feeling that they saw 40 A12 cars and that they all have some specific things in common.

We hope not to rub anyone who owns a replica.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/11/04 06:02 PM

Would you be interested in developing the replica format for the Re-Union? I agree with you in that it could be very good if done right. Lord knows there are some magnificent replicas out there. It just needs to be organized properly...and who better than someone who has a vested interest in one?

Think it over and let us know. BTW-Another guy who might be interested is Brian (BEEQUIK) and his extremely nice platinum Bee (see attached). Maybe the 2 of you would want to combine efforts to set this up? Just an idea.

Regards,
Coop

Attached picture 1268637-carlisle 04 bee quick 2.jpg

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/11/04 06:53 PM

I would definetly be interested in helping with the "Replica Arrangemnts". I will jot down some guidelines later tonight and post them for some U&A. I will try to PM Brian and see what he has.

BTW, here is my car. I just picked up some steelies and have to get tires this spring.

Attached picture 1268726-P1010012 small.JPG

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/11/04 07:27 PM

1st,....When you PM, or contact BEEQUIK, his first name is Chris, not Brian.

2nd,....I think the "Replica" title is more a tribute to the original then the use of "Clone". The Banner could read, "A12 Replica Section". Also the windsheild sign could say replica. I'll print a couple up tonight, scan them, and post for everyones approval.

3rd,....RoadRunner. Remember when I was looking for an A12, I was thinking of the Clone route. Remember, your White RR sitting in the driveway photo. I think your car is one of the sharpest out there with the hood on. I still do!!!! It would be ashame if you left your car at home. I vote you bring it.

4th,....RoadRunner. With the approval/feedback of the forum, why don't you start a Third post on the "Roll Call" thread, with the intention of only posting the "Replica A12's"? Use the same format I have started. Or, if decided amongst the troops, we can intregate the Replicas in with the A12's. I would just type in bold letters the word Replica where i'm putting the A12 at the end of the line. You can coordinate with me in the PM department. I would welcome your help.

Gary

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/11/04 08:46 PM

"2nd,....I think the "Replica" title is more a tribute to the original then the use of "Clone". The Banner could read, "A12 Replica Section". Also the windsheild sign could say replica. I'll print a couple up tonight, scan them, and post for everyones approval."

How about "A12 Tribute Section" ?

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/12/04 03:03 AM

Ok so I started something again by asking a question that was not my intent! But it looks like we all have come to a fix for it and it all sounds like a great thing

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/12/04 03:55 AM

OK, so I have been thinking about a few ground rules for the replicas.

First and foremost, the vehicle must be a 1969 B-body (a 68 with a fiberglass hood won't cut it) either Belvedere or Coronet based, 2 door hardtop or coupe, with appropriate interiors, and exterior features (emblems, decals, etc.)

Second, vehicle must possess the features that are special to the A12 breed. That is, there must be a 440 between the fenders, a 6bbl (or 6 pack) on top, a fiberglass lift off hood, and some facsimile of a fressh air style air cleaner (I was going to limit it to original style only, let me know what you think) made of fiberglass, steel or aluminum.

Third, options that vary from original A12 cars should be limited (i.e. prefer black steel wheels to aftermarket wheels, Dana to 8-3/4). I was lienient on this last one since I know a lot of the A12s were modified the day after they were bought and I am not sure how many original A12s still have all their goodies.

Fourth, modifications made to improve drivability, performance, or safety are acceptable (i.e. aftermarket ignition, headers, disc brakes). Afterall, we replicate the originals but aren't afraid to change them a bit in the name of improvements without devaluing an original.

What do you folks think.

T.J.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/12/04 06:38 AM

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/12/04 01:03 PM

T.J.

Excellent post. Sounds like a plan. Let me know whether you want to continue a post on the roll call thread for the replicas, or if you want me to edit the first post and start the third post. Your involvement is welcome!!! The more people we can get to participate in the organization of the Reunion, the faster we can get the momentum moving. And personally, the more we all work together, I feel the more fun this will be.
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/12/04 05:41 PM

There is plenty of room for the Clones, and Replica's, but the A12 reunion is not for them. I like them, but it's an A12 reunion! No labeling them! No special parking for them! If they are to be included then we better invite all of the 383, and hemi cars too. Bring the cars, and join in the celebration of our A12 cars, but keep them seperated completely from the real A12 cars. Just my opinion!
KIDSIXPACK

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/20/04 02:44 PM

Steve,

We have determined with Carlisle that replicas will not be grouped with the A12s. Close, across the isle maybe, but not with.

Besides that, I would think they're free to park where they want- as it is an open fairground. In other words we can't dictate parking outside our area. When they check in, the folks at the gates will determine where they go. As B bodys, I suspect it'll be in our vicinity...so why not adjacent?

Hey...regardless, I'm confident we can arrange this so that there's no confusion between the A12s and replicas. A12s will have windshield cling signs to signify originality, and there will be banners for fairground demarcation lines. No confusion, plain as day.

Actually, it might be interesting, after looking at 40+ A12s, to see what options the replicas have to offer. T.J., continue on with your efforts. Where you park will be outside of our area- but close enough to enable an easy walk between to compare and admire all cars.

Forum members,

Roger Gibson and Frank Badalson will be there.

Rich Berlisk and John Grinwald, the pioneers of A12 restoration cannot make it. They will be on their mid west racing circuit with their 63 and 65 Belvederes. These guys have traded date code matching numbers for ETs. LOL

Randy Buntyn (who now owns Berlisk's bee) is going to try to trailer up from Texas. Any of you guys coming from Texas might want to contact Randy and see if you can help each other? PM me for his phone number. Resto Rick, who restored this gorgeous car, as well as John Grinwald's national award winner, will be there.

Lisa Leathery, from Carlisle, is negotiating with Mr Sox. A lot of this has to do with health.

Bill (62maxwgn) and Mike (A12) have gotten approval from Mr Hoover on his attendance.

I've emailed Paul Jacobs with an invitation and asked him to also extend an invite to the F6 Nats award winner owners. What a beautiful car.

I've also emailed Dave and Barbara Ferro, extended an invitation, and asked them to contact all A12 owners they've worked for. I recall one F8 RR from a few years ago which had a 2 tone interior- nut and bolt resto. Hope he can make it as well.

I'm hoping our very own 'gpm6367' can bring the Vic Edelbrock Bee as that will be quite an attraction as well as conversation piece.

So things are moving along and we hope to finalize the attraction list by the end of the month. Of course the main reason we want to promote attractions is to bring in more A12 cars. If you guys can think of any other means to increase A12 car participation lets hear them now. It's important that we persuade the fence sitters to trailer or drive their cars in for the show.

BTW If you're gonna be there, or offer thoughts- please consider helping. There's plenty for everyone to do if you're interested. making phone calls or emailing is about as hard as it gets.

I know Frank has an emailing campaign which will start in early December. If you can help with that let him know. We'd be asking for you to email a standard form letter about the re-union to mopar car clubs he's found through the moparts links...might take you 15 minutes to send these emails. PM Frank (dysryr)if interested.

Regards,
Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/21/04 04:02 PM

Fantastic News!

Colin Comer just replied regarding the Re-Union.

He will likely bring the F6 Runner and a twin F6 Bee to the Re-Union.

For those of you who don't know Colin he is a long time advocate of these cars (owns 4) and has had some of the best restoration efforts ever attempted on A12s pass through his doors- at 'Colin's Classic Automobiles'. John Balow's (MCR) R4 Runner, and of course the incredible F6 Aloha Runner come to mind. I've asked Colin to offer any suggestions he might have to better the turnout and Re-Union. Stay tuned.

Colin's site:

http://www.classicauto-sales.com/

Regards,
Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/21/04 05:09 PM

More fantastic news!

Paul Jacobs (Jacobs Restoration and Parts) will be there with the F6 A12 Bee that won the Nats recently and was a cover story in MCG! What a car and what a story behind the ownership. He also hopes to bring a second car to display.

I've also asked Paul for his suggestions in maximizing turnout and bettering the event.

It's early yet, but this Re-Union is shaping up to be most memorable.

Pauls site:

http://www.jacobsrestoration.com/index.php?cruising=who_we_are

Stay tuned.

Regards,
Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/21/04 05:39 PM

Excellent work Coop!!!! Keep those big boys coming!!

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/25/04 04:11 PM

Everyone, please take a look at the Roll Call Thread. I started a third post for the attendence of the Replicas. How does it look? I'm using the same format.

T.J., are you going for sure? PM me your info on that cool White RR so I can put it on the list.

Any other Replica guys going, just give me a PM. Again, as Frank is talking with the Carlisle folks, it would be in all of our best interests to let the event people know what type of crowd to expect.

Gary
Posted By: Q5_Ed

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 11/25/04 07:10 PM

Gary and Co.,
maybe this has been covered, but what are the logistics of Vehicle security, daily moving, or staying put options?

Can you camp with your car? Tent in the A12 area, Etc?

I'm a bit "noid" about leaving the car.............since my original F8 post 4 speed runner was stolen 23 years ago
Anyone else

Ed
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/06/04 12:05 AM

Gentleman,
I just read this entire thread for the first time. And I have to say I'm impressed. To see a group thats based for the most part all over the world, work out problems is amazing.

I would be more than happy to do some promoting on my website, now getting anywhere from 1400 to 1700 visits a month.Granted probably not all A12 guys, But some might know someone with one thats not familiar with Moparts.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/06/04 02:25 AM

Bill,

We would love to have some help if you would put something on your website!

By the end of the week we will have a full list of special guests and dignitaries that were instrumental in the development, NHRA racing, and restoration of A12 cars and who will be attending Carlise in '05 as part of the Reunion.

Bill, Thanks for whatever you can do to promote this through your site! Like you said, its the guys not familiar with Moparts that we need to get exposure with! We've got 30 cars just from the forum and hope to more than double that number with good publicity in the next few weeks and months.

Frank

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/06/04 03:03 AM

To All,

I've been talking to Bill behind the scenes, and He is one heck of a stand-up guy. I think it is great to have Bill do this for us A12'ers. He and I are working on a special A12 surprise for the attendees. More on that latter.

Here's to Bill and A+M Hightech Automotive!

Gary
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/06/04 12:01 PM

If the flyer is in it's final configuration. Could someone please send it to me in a PDF format please.
Posted By: BEEQUIK

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/07/04 02:32 AM

Aren't any of the "proper A-12" guys going to the drag strip to show their stuff?Haven't heard much about the A-12 dragstrip outing friday afternoon!Isn't that the whole aura of these fire-breathing beasts?Or did I miss the point?Just .02 from a Regular old 383 superbee guy.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/07/04 03:52 AM

This is the first I heard of it but I have not looked at the schedule for the weekend I am not oppossed to runing my car down the track it has been 18 yrs since I made a run with it hope I remember how to to it and if I break some thing I am sure there are lots of parts and guys there to put it back toghterIf not I will call back home and have someone bring a trailer

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/07/04 03:55 AM

I have been talking with Lisa at Carlisle about just that subject. She says she would be able to help us line up some time at the track to run just A12s, also there is a burnout competition Friday or Saturday that we could get into. Someone posted a few days ago about burning the tires just for fun. I think that's a great idea!

I'll be talking again with her on 07 Dec '04 and will be nailing down many other details in the next couple of weeks.

Any other requests or ideas that you guys would like me to run past Lisa? She has been very appreciative of us putting so much into the planning and promoting. Let me know here or via PM if you have something we haven't covered yet.

Thanks,
Frank
Posted By: MrNormsTA

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/07/04 05:00 AM

Quote:

Aren't any of the "proper A-12" guys going to the drag strip to show their stuff?Haven't heard much about the A-12 dragstrip outing friday afternoon!Isn't that the whole aura of these fire-breathing beasts?Or did I miss the point?Just .02 from a Regular old 383 superbee guy.

Nah, I'll pass. I might scratch it or worse yet break something on my precious baby. It is strickly a show dog, you know the type you brush and wash and put a pretty bow on when out in public. Just take it out of the cage (garage) to parade around to a chorus of golf claps and win blue ribbons.

Hey, who got ahold of my computer and wrote that crap above. That is one of the reasons why I bought a non matching A12, to drive it like it was 1969 all over again.

Rick.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/07/04 05:21 AM

Rick it looks like you and me at this time and we both share the same color dodge againts plymouth
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/08/04 12:11 AM

When mine is finished, I will be participating in the Pure Stock Musclecar Races in the Midwest. I can't wait to thrash on it! I bought it in '99 in pieces and have never been able to drive it. If it's done for Carlisle, it WILL go down the dragstrip!
Posted By: Transamcuda

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/11/04 07:59 AM

Hey Frank,
I just wanted to let you guys know I posted info on my Transamcuda.com site linking over to here incase anybody doesnt know what you guys are planning as well. It was nice talking to you today and Barry and I are looking forward to this show. I hope it turns out like we think its going to. This is going to be a one of a kind show. Lots of fiberglass in one spot!!!

Jeff

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/17/04 06:42 PM

Registration is now open for the A12 reunion on the Carlisle web site.Just a heads up .

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/17/04 07:32 PM

Quote:

Registration is now open for the A12 reunion on the Carlisle web site.Just a heads up .

Thanks.

Now what do I put for a CLUB NAME!!!!!!!!

I just might have to put A12 DOGS club (flea collars optional) or MOPARTS.COM A12 LIFT OFF HOOD CLUB

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/17/04 07:44 PM

How about "A12 Restoration Forum".

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/17/04 07:57 PM

I just registered. Very easy to sign up and pay.

I used the club name of; Moparts.com A12 Restoration Forum

I figure we have to be a club. Aren't we?

On a different note. We should all enter asap to show the Carlisle staff we mean business. Frank has gone up and above, in his organizing efforts with Carlisle.

Kudos to Frank.

So, come little Buckaroos. Go sign up. It won't hurt. I promise

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/17/04 08:36 PM

Gary,

I was up there but did not register because I thought we should all use the same club name.

Did we ever come up with a name? Or should we use "Moparts.com A12 Restoration Forum".

If we need a name now is the time, this will force us to decide

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/17/04 09:24 PM

Thanks, Gary!

Just all in a day's work.

We need to keep the club name generic for all the guys that are not 'on-line' but who will be learning about the reunion via other media. We have this great forum, but really its just a medium by which we communicate.

Voting on a name is like picking out wallpaper with your.........um....significant other. Somebody's not going to like it.

I think 1969-1/2 SixPack/6BBL Club would define us ALL very well.

Frank

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/17/04 10:04 PM

OK...I'll be my own club

Since I'm on a lot of medication from hangin' around here too much, I'll call it "Club Med".

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/18/04 02:39 AM

Quote:

Thanks, Gary!

Just all in a day's work.

We need to keep the club name generic for all the guys that are not 'on-line' but who will be learning about the reunion via other media. We have this great forum, but really its just a medium by which we communicate.

Voting on a name is like picking out wallpaper with your.........um....significant other. Somebody's not going to like it.

I think 1969-1/2 SixPack/6BBL Club would define us ALL very well.

Frank

Frank,

I like it but with one modification. Since we had a discussion about you started the 1/2 thing and if was correct and also as you say keep it simple how about.

69 SixPack/6BBL Club

Easy to write and remember

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/18/04 02:42 AM

Quote:

OK...I'll be my own club

would that be Hand Models for World Peace?

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/18/04 02:58 AM

I just registered and put Moparts.com A-12 reunion. They will figure it out.

Rich

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/18/04 03:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

OK...I'll be my own club

would that be Hand Models for World Peace?

Oooooh,...That piques my interest.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/22/04 01:42 AM

Here's the latest on the Re-Union...

We've approached the publicity arena targeting a few selected magazines. Our thinking was we could present a better package, which would get us better publicity, by combining the A12 and T/A re-union camps. We talked with the T/A guys and they are in favor of forming this consolidated front of sorts to better garner the attention of those who buy ink by the barrel. (note: this doesn't mean we will be parking our A12 and T/A cars together in the same space - it only means we've formed a pre event 'union' of sorts to maximize our leverage).

So- we now have an agreement in principal with Rob Wolf, editor of Mopar's Collector's Guide, to give us COVER copy on the upcoming Carlisle re-unions....as well as some other good inside ink (Kudos to Gary for successfully carrying our message to Rob).

In exchange we (the A12 and T/A camps) would give MCG 'exclusives' regarding the planning of, and all happenings at, the actual event. 'Exclusives' simply mean we will talk to them first and offer them access (suggest who to contact) amongst all of you who bring your cars. (As for A12 cars, Rob sounded interested in the Edelbrock car, the Aloha Runner, 'Project Six Pack' and others. I'm sure the T/A guys have some to offer Rob as well).

For MCG we would also include their banners at our site, as well as time in our video/DVD-- which would basically be an interview with Rob/MCG regarding the role the magazine played in getting as many A12-T/A cars as possible to Carlisle.

The fit is perfect...MCG as a community based magazine, strives to help put lost parts with rightful owners, offers a variety of classified listings, and just plain caters to the 'little guy' in general...a true community oriented magazine which 'serves'...and this is a major service they would be providing.

We can only hope MCG embraces this role as 'proclamation newscaster' in an ALL OUT way. We want them to agressively target the reaching of A12 and T/A owners. If so, we're sure general awareness and respect for their efforts will increase-- reflecting positively on the magazine.

If the word gets out to enough owners-- this might be one of the biggest re-union meets of all time. Any magazine which holds inside track certainly stands to benefit.

Now again, nothing is etched in stone at this point. Situations could easily change overnight- but right now it all seems like 'a go'.

So-- if all goes as planned we'd like to utilize MCG to run a COVER story on the upcoming re-unions and include with that individual stories on the cars that will be attending. We'd also like them to keep a re-union update blurb (1/4 page? or something close) running in all issues from here on if possible.

Again- we believe this is a perfect fit for MCG. There's the main story-- which involves getting the word out to as many owners as possible-- and underneath that 'community headline' lurks several (100+?) very special individual car stories to pick from.

Keep in mind that magazines are right now finalizing and starting the copy for February and March issues. So we need to get into their pipeline quickly.

Assuming we can nail this down, we'll then go into direct mailing of car clubs and taking out ads in the old school publications (Hemmings, Chrysler Car Enthusiast etc etc).

If any of you have ideas on how to get the word out to those backweeds locations-- where many of these A12 car owners are 'unconnected', please suggest them now.

Right now this makeshift 'committee' (LOL) consists of only four members (Frank, Gary, Dave, myself). To be honest we are spread thin and could use some help. Next up is direct mailing and placing ads in old school publications. If you want to help please PM any of us as we'd love to have you!

Sorry for the long post.

Regards,
Coop

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/23/04 08:20 AM

I wanted to post a thank you to everyone I have spoken with so far about this upcoming show. I am going to do whatever it takes to make sure everybody knows about it. Barry and myself are also looking forward to doing what we can to work alongside with you guys to make this a one of a kind show that people will talk about for some time to come. If any of you have any questions or suggestions please email me or call and I will be glad to talk about whatever is on your mind. Heres my info

transamcuda@comcast.net

717-838-8728 home
717-649-2520 cell

Jeff

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/23/04 01:33 PM

Without going back through all 8-pages has anyone posted the links to the general and LOH Reunion registration at Carlisle 2005?

Well here they are;

General show registration

A12 Reunion, Lift-Off-Hood originals or clone

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/24/04 07:50 PM

I just got finished signing up an F6 and R4 Bee. Save me a couple of spots next to you, Fasbird!

Wayne

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/24/04 09:09 PM

10-4 Wayne

That'll be a party waiting to happen

Gar
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 12/25/04 03:09 AM

Hey Gary,
It was very good talking to you this week, thanks for the call.

If Rob is interested in a story on the Mr. Norm's T/A with only 173 original miles have him contact me. I am going to make arrangements to go see it in person after New Years, February maybe? It might be possible to have him join us, otherwise he will have to wait to see it at Carlisle with everyone else.

The car and story belong in MCG.

See you all soon!

Barry Washington

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/17/05 08:34 PM

OK fella's. Here's the latest on the MCG coverage.

I had a nice conversation with Robert Wolf today. He said he was putting together his editorial for the April '05 magazine which hits our steps in Febuary. He will be promoting the A12 Reunion, along with the AAR-T/A Reunion at Carlisle. Look for this and flood the MCG offices with emails, phone calls, etc. The more interest we can spark, the more coverage we will get. You know, the "Squeaky Wheel" thing. Let's keep a positive posture on this.

Gary

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/18/05 02:28 AM

hello! please bear with me as i am new to this board. in april or may of 1969,i ordered an a12 from braddock dodge in braddock,pa.i am sure it was one of the first a12`s ordered in the area at that time because only four colors were available.this a12 was burnt yellow in color-color from the order sheet-sedan with black interior,bench seat,auto on the column and am radio.if memory serves me for some reason i believe it may have been the seventeenth produced.i only had the car for two years and traded in asback then they were just acar you drove and did a little street racing. since then i have owned many high performance cars and this super bee was by far the best.would anyone out there know if this beast still exists. thanks dick

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/18/05 02:33 AM

Quote:

.would anyone out there know if this beast still exists.

Welcome, If you had a vin it possible to see if it still exists, any old paperwork?

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/18/05 02:54 AM

http://www.cars-on-line.com/15926.html

Was this the color, what was burnt yellow?

Rick.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/18/05 03:00 AM

Sounds like bahama yellow??

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/18/05 03:05 AM

Was pale yellow an available color? I have never seen an a12 in that color, although at that price, I would think it is correct.

Rick.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/18/05 03:12 AM

1969 Plymouth Paint Codes

Sunfire Yellow. Available on an A12? Can't help you there as I was one at the time.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/19/05 03:19 AM

Hello all! I finally made it back from Iraq and glad to be back. It's amazing the things you take for granted until you are in a very restricted part of the world. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a great start to 2005. Hope to see you all this fall in Carlisle......John

*** This is gtx_gts1969. I forgot my password and had to start a new account.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/19/05 03:22 AM

Glad you are back and safe

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/19/05 03:29 AM

Welcome back!

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/19/05 03:29 AM

Glad you are back in the USA! See you in July!

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/19/05 03:34 AM

John,

Glad you made it back. Are you home for good (as far as you know)?

I have a friend at work whose unit came home for 1 1/2 months over Christmas but just got shipped back..

Mike

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/19/05 03:40 AM

Quote:

Hello all! I finally made it back from Iraq and glad to be back. It's amazing the things you take for granted until you are in a very restricted part of the world. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a great start to 2005. Hope to see you all this fall in Carlisle......John

John,

Welcome back. Thank you very much for what you and the other troops are doing for our country.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/19/05 03:53 AM

Quote:

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/19/05 06:48 PM

Thanks again, it was nice to have access to this site during my deployment, it helped a lot.

I have not attended the Carlise show and want to get some advice on where to stay...if it's not too late to book a room. Any other advice would be greatly appreicated.
Posted By: gtx_gts1969

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/19/05 07:18 PM

I'm back! Thanks JohnRR
Posted By: Troy

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/19/05 08:34 PM

OK I'm slow I'm getting my plain tickets tonight, I have my hotel and I'm coming to Carlisle, but what are the dates again?

Troy @ Westoaks

ps. I hate asking dump question.....

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/19/05 09:02 PM

Quote:

OK I'm slow I'm getting my plain tickets tonight, I have my hotel and I'm coming to Carlisle, but what are the dates again?

Troy @ Westoaks

ps. I hate asking dump question.....

July 8 - 10 2005
Posted By: Q5_Ed

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 01/19/05 09:20 PM

Quote:

I'm back! Thanks JohnRR

John, wer'e (me and Q5 ) glad to hear your back! Looking forward to the reunion! Pete contacted me about the car. Got some info. Wants it back, but she's a keeper....

Ed

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 02/01/05 01:21 AM

Attention all Moparites,

Please hand this flyer out to all clubs, and club members. This is the flyer for the A12 ReUnion. Let's get as many A12's to attend as possible. Thanks to Mike(A12) for making this for us.

Attached picture 1462815-A12_HOOD_SCOOP[1].FLYER_simp_VERb2_JAN_26_2005.jpg

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 02/13/05 02:42 PM

Just registered I will see you all there.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 02/22/05 12:49 AM

Carlisle has their website updated now to include events for the 2005 show:

Carlisle 2005 All Chrysler Nationals Events
Posted By: 77DragracerR/T

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 02/22/05 01:30 AM

Can you preregister on that site,or is it best to just call? I'd like to register soon.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 02/22/05 02:27 AM

They have had website problems with the online registration. I called them, talked to a HUMAN, and was registered in minutes.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 02/22/05 02:41 AM

Has anyone asked Lisa how many are registered so far?

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 02/22/05 10:54 PM

Mike,
I need to talk with Lisa. We spoke briefly yesterday and she said she would look up the numbers and tell me today but I haven't had a chance to talk with her.

Hopefully tomorrow.

Frank

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 02/25/05 12:07 AM

Hey Frank,
Here is my update I posted over on the general side. It also has update info for you guys as well. I thought I would ask Lisa while I had her on the phone. I also printed out your flyer and have been handing them out with my own.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I spoke with Lisa at Carlisle Productions and as of Tuesday there were 40 total pre-registered for the AAR's and T/A's and 18 for the A12 cars. Those are remarkable numbers for both but please try and get pre-registered if you plan on going ASAP. She asked me to ask everyone to do this so they have an idea of how much room the 2 seperate reunions will be using. That way incase one or the other goes over the projected attendance they can make arrangements before hand. Barry and I would like to thank all the Trans Am Mopar people for signing up early and to pass the word around to anyone who might enjoy the show. We are looking forward to seeing everyone there!!!! Thanx!!!

Jeff

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 02/25/05 12:29 AM

So... currently there are 18 A12s pre-registered. I was expecting more based on all the "noise" being made on here about the reunion (e.g. there were 30++ "RSVPs" for people bringing their cars on the other thread).

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 02/25/05 12:51 AM

Well if 30+ people said they were bringing their cars hopefull 15 of them did pre-register but I would hope the other 15 or so would pre-register also. I also wanted to ask if the people involved with getting the word out are also visiting other web boards and posting a thread about the show as well?? Does anyone know if the shows been posted outside of the A12 forum here on Moparts??? Never assume all A12 owners know about the forum on here becasue im sure there are people who dont.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 02/25/05 04:51 AM

I have posted it on some sites but maybe we need to pm the guys on fastbird post and kick them
Posted By: gexhaust

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/17/05 02:19 AM

Hey guys,

This may sound crazy but are the A12 guys staying a specific hotel in Carlisle? I thought it might be good to rub elbows with some fellow superbee and roadrunner enthusiasts.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 03/17/05 02:26 AM

see here

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=A12&Number=1503751&Forum=A12&Words=carlisle%20hotel&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1month&Main=1495260&Search=true#Post1503751

and

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=A12&Number=1384190&Forum=A12&Words=carlisle%20hotel&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=1384190&Search=true#Post1384190

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 04/03/05 04:39 AM

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 04/03/05 04:57 AM

Quote:

Hey guys,

This may sound crazy but are the A12 guys staying a specific hotel in Carlisle? I thought it might be good to rub elbows with some fellow superbee and roadrunner enthusiasts.

Eric,

Where are you staying?

MikeE

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 04/03/05 05:05 AM

Ok guys Im trying to get this one a sticky again
Kevin
Posted By: gexhaust

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 04/03/05 05:14 AM

Mike,

We are booked into the Ramada. Thanks for your help with the list of hotels.

Eric

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 04/03/05 05:20 AM

Eric,

You at the one in Mechanicsburg with Me, MaxWedgeWagon and Brad_hawk?

MikeE

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 04/06/05 03:32 AM

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 04/29/05 03:30 AM

Bringing this back up to the top so some new members can read it.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 - 06/01/05 05:11 AM

© 2024 Moparts Forums