Quote:

Well I wasn't going to reply to this because for one, I'm fairly new to this forum, and I am still trying to figure out when to reply, and what is important, plus I kinda got my answer that its about 50/50 mix of opinions and reasons to do or not to do a color change. I have decided not to change the colors. The more time I spent with this car in my garage, I realized that I felt like I didn't have the "right" to change it. After all it has been through 34 years of who knows what, since it was a daily driver up until last year. By the way I do like white for classic cars, I had two 71 challengers, in the 80's, one was white, the other I had painted white. But back then, all my friends had white cars, I guess it was "in". Anyway I do have another question...I keep seeing in the posts that a 74 barracuda is not as desirable as a 70 thru 73, I can't figure this out.( by the way NADA has a 70 318 barracuda average price 0f 14k and a 74 318 barracuda 17k) There were less 74 barracudas made than alot of the other years/models. Obviously, the "340 Cuda", was one of the "muscle" cars of the E-body family. But there is very little difference between a barracuda and a cuda, (oh I know I'm gonna hear it now). I guess to a Mopar lover, they are all just as desirable.

I had a thread about this in July when I bought this Satellite. All original paint,int etc.. Quite a few posts were very adamant that I keep the car original colors. I pretty much hate the yellow, but I like the idea of a painted top(it's different) I drove the car a bit through the summer and kind of warmed up to the 2 tone green interior. I'm now thinking of painting it light(F3)green with the factory F8 painted top and green interior. I'm also making it an A12(6bbl) clone. How much can a yellow and green 318 car be worth, right?

4744510-IMG_2262.JPG (81 downloads)

An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry. Thomas Jefferson