Quote:

The percentage of true purist in the hobby is very small compared to the rest that just enjoy these old cars. The reason there are so many Red, Black, Blue, Orange, Purple cars is because that is what people want today on these cars.

I don't think that a color change from Green or Gold to a more saleable color hurts one bit. In fact I think that that in this type of case it makes the car sell faster for at least the same money as the original color of more. If you are not changing for the sake of resale than it makes no difference because it is for the owners enjoyment

Best said quote here!...........basically do what you desire,......I say who cares if its numbers matching, all original......do it the way you want,...and if you decide to sell it someday, and the first joker decides he dosen't like it cause the color was changed....oh well move aside!, there'll be others who want to buy it!

The purist would cringe......I'm taking a numbers matching FM3 rubber bumpered sm blk Cuda'.....dropping in a 440/6, painting it black, adding a Shaker, go-wing, etc......cause that what I want to do!.......If I ever sell it, and I get the money I want for it.......then everybodies happy........do what you want, don't be swayed.......original, custom,cloned, what you want!