Quote:

I have a fairly desirable 70 Cuda, original V code with original block, shaker hood car. Original F8 green paint, black vinyl top, and green interior.
The car needs a full resto.
I just hate the green interior. I love the green paint, vinyl top etc. but the green interior makes me want to puke.
The car needs all new interior and some one did make a half baked attempt at a color change to black in its past. So not much green worth saving.
Would it really kill the selling price later on by going to a black interior? Are their really that many people who like green interiors on green cars? I don't know, That white car with a green interior looks great but green on green in green ick. This will drive me crazy. I really want to do a black interior but I would hate to loose any history or future cash if I have to sell by making the change.
What to you think Scott? How much of a loss.

That's almost EXACTLY the position I was in:

- '70 V code Superbee, orig. motor, F8, Black vinyl top, Green interior. Car was previously the subject of an aborted amature resto where it was on it's way to becoming Sublime with a black interior....

The interior was shot, but what WAS there was black. I really struggled to decide to keep the black stuff or to go with the green as per the fender tag. There was never any question on the exterior paint as I love the dark green and I also really liked the black vinyl top and butt stripe. Eventually I decided to go with the green as I don't mind how it looks and I got a little bored looking at all the black interiors out there, but it wasn't an easy decision.

There will always be collectors that want the car to be as correct as possible, particularly a rare V code, shaker E-body, but as much as I'm a self professed purist (hated as we are around here!) I don't consider an interior color change to be as detrimental as an exterior color change: the interior stuff is much easier to switch back if someone so desired.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]