Lost of pros and cons both ways.

I was in the same boat 20 years when I bought my Road Runner. It's an original Sand Pebble Beige car with a gator grain top, brown interior, and go wing. Aside from adding the hood stripe, as it's pictured below is basically how it looked when it was new. When I bought it, is was painted a shade of orange similar to hemi orange. I drove it like that for the first couple of years while I debated what color to paint it, I was leaning toward just about any color beside green and beige. I was in the process of taking it apart for body work when on a whim I read an ad for Galen Govier and called him up. 20 years ago he had no where near the name he has today, and he was quite happy to talk cars with me over the phone. It was then that I learned just how rare my car was. Had it not been for that phone call, my road runner probably would be painted red now and be just another Road Runner in a sea of generic clones. I get so a ton of comments about it's unusual color combo everytime I drive it, and I am very happy with my decision to keep it original.

Now in your situation, your Cuda isn't anything really unusual and not a color combo that appeals to most people today. White with green interior certainly doesn't excite my senses, and 74 Cudas are not big dollar cars, especially when compared against their more prized older siblings.

Bottom line, it's your car, do what you want with it. I won't flame you for changing it's color combination. I do agree with the others that if you do change, try to keep to something that was available that year.

I also think in this case that a color change won't hurt the car's value either way. Not everyone is into reading fender tags and quoting statistics, some people just like cars for the car's sake.

(btw, my other driver is a 69 Coronet 500 convertible. It's been modified to look like an R/T, it's painted red, and was originally t7. I bought it the way it is because I liked it, I knew it was a clone and color changed, and I am happy with the car regardless)