Quote:

Quote:

It's a 74 Barracuda, not a 71 Hemi Cuda rag. Not like you're flushing 25k down the drain by changing the color or something. I say build it like you want it and tough to people who don't like.
74 Barracuda is on the lower end of the E body scale, I would worry too much about it, if need be it can always be changed later. IMO no sense in doing something in a color combo you won't enjoy. But then I don't build cars to sell, I build them for me.

well said and i agree 1000%. from the guy with a 600+ ci hemi powered 72 Road Runner with original N96 air grabber V21 V25 hood and deck lid stripe car. with 2 tone black and blue interior. with original equipped drivers and non original PASSENGER side 6 way seat adjusters.

Indeed the more rare and/or desirable the car the more important it is in retaining its originality. That being said, noting that the guy should simply sell the car and buy another one isnt really realistic. No its not, first you may take quite some time selling an ugly color 74 Barracuda. Assuming even that he may lose some money selling the car. Paint that car the color you want. You wont lose any more money painting it the color you want, than what you would trying to sell an "unpopular unappealing color car." When a car appeals to the crowd or a buyer its upon first view. The knockout appeal. I for one wouldnt say Oh I love that high impact color car, but sorry I wont buy it cause its not "blehh gold". As said before its not a numbers match Hemi car, its a 74 Barracuda. He didnt say it was even a 340 car. Might even be a 318 car. Now who is gonna say the color is important with that?? Fit and finish sell the average car gents, fit and finish.

Last edited by not_a_charger; 06/29/08 10:24 AM.