Obviously it's your choice, but even that depends on several factors. Are you flipping or even considering selling in the future? Or did you buy it because you love it and are going to keep it forever? Only you know the answers.

I changed my original color. Here's my scenario. Bought it because I always wanted one. Have no intention of selling. Car was a numbers matching R/T and totally original -- 383 4-speed, Plum Crazy with white butt stripe, white top and white interior. Not a bad combo, but pretty common. The kicker was that there was no fender tag (early accident) and as an LA-built car, it didn't have a build sheet anywhere to be found. Without these two items, and coupled with the fact that is "only" a 383, I decided to turn it into the car I would have ordered and purchased new, if I could have. I figure as long as I'm happy, that's all that matters. The restoration is well documented with photos and all paperwork, so in the unlikely event I should ever sell it, I will never represent the car as anything other than what it really is.

Until total honesty is on the table, we're not even talking about reality...