Quote:

Scott, I gotta disagree with you. I think most folks that change a color, add an option, or otherwise alter an original build do so recognizing the potential risk. I don't see many folks around these (mo)parts whining about such choices.

I'm not sure that is completly true. When I bought my Roadrunner I'll admit that I didn't do enough research to see if the exterior or interior colors were correct. There is no build sheet, and the fact that it's a Lynch road car where the fender tags are known to not always have a complete list of options made it difficult to know what was done correctly and what was not when the previous owner had the paint and interior done over. I now know that the F5 paint is no where near the correct shade. I know this from looking inside the trunk and engine compartment where the original paint is still there. And the interior should be green, it is now black, and the car was redone without the vinal roof it came with. I get the feeling that some people will do what they want and like to a car reguardless of what it may do to the value of it down the road. Again, it's that "it's their car and they did what they wanted with it."

4518019-IM000356.JPG (87 downloads)

65 Coronet 500 convertible
69 Fury convertible
69 Roadrunner
75 Scamp
14 Ram 1500
18 Jeep Cherokee
www.69roadrunner.net www.plymouthbulletin.com