Quote:

I have an unfired 416/340 engine with MM parts in it-crank, rods, pistons. Even though it was built by one of the best I now have concerns about it because the response to this particular problem from MM Mike is well...poor...and leads me to question whether work I was charged [balancing] for was actually performed.

I would like to inform the epoxied hemi head engine builder who is lurking here that he needs to read and understand the excellent post by Bob George .

I have had a bunch of pm's about the epoxied head
The clock is ticking Mr. cracked/epoxied hemi head engine builder from michigan
Here is the proof:

If that is the pushrod slot,we have successfully welded areas like that on both iron and aluminium heads and blocks.Epoxy is ok for none pressurized repairs,but if that is into the water jacket then it should be welded.

Also thanks for your comment.I'am not critizing anyone and hope everyone realizes we are just sharing our philosophy of how we deal with issues and hope others can apply them for similar results.As mentioned you can do a 100 great jobs and 1 bad one,100 people will know about the great work,but 1000s will here about that 1 bad one,especially with the internet.Another way to look at it is if you do 100 great jobs you should be able to take the hit and correct the bad one.Once you get a bad reputation those good jobs will be few and far between.Again I mean no disrespect to anyone,just offering suggestions on how to resolve issues.We need everyone in the Mopar world to work together to insure our sport will survive,and it will if we be considerate towards each other and "play it forward"