We screwed up! No tap dance, no weak excuses.

The delay initally was block avaiblity, out of my control. The FIRST block we asssembled, and attemped to dyno has casting problems and would not circulate water. In the appearent rush (since we were dreadful late in delivery) the clearances in the second block machined, were assumed, screwed up, I don't know? Of course World/Mopar Performance never did anything about the useless block or the machining. We ate that, that's just life.

I don't know exactly what went wrong. Scott who does assembly is VERY thurogh and it is not like him but obviously we messed up.

There is no magic in Indy SR heads, no matter who, no matter how they will flow 350 CFM + or - depeding on who's bench. Marks heads had two really good ports but the shortside radius' were not all the same. Before I had Jeff @ modern run his program thru the heads six shortside radius' were as much as a .120 taller than the "good ports" . Short story long, the ports WERE NOT consistant. The equalized ports and bigger valves will help a bigger engine, this is why this work was preformed.

Initally we had sent the carbs out and had them done and appearnly what they did was incorrect. The engine did not run well with the 6 pak carbs we are responsible for so we tried a 1x4 and it ran makedly better. I told Mark Bastemeryer (the customer I dealt with)that I had the carbs modified, what we had done appearnlty didn't work so have your carb guy go thru them and send me a bill. He had his guy redo the carbs and I paid him the $700ish he asked for. He was then going to have the engine redynoed locally. I figured I would owe him for some dyno time and life would go forward.

Next thing I know i get a bill for $5000. A lot of you out there I know are in business. Let me ask you a question: if you do something, and something goes wrong, you are responsible correect? But isn't the customers responsiblitly to bring it back to you to fix it? Example: You don't buy a product from Home Depot, have problems, take it to Lowes to get it fixed and send home Depot the bill?? You take (or at least inform the original provider) there is a problem and let them decide what to do about it, correct?

I sent $3000 dollars in a effort to make it right but when you do not tell me you have major problems and then go somewhere else I dont feel it is my obligation to pay someone else to do what we were responsible for. If it was as messed up as Mark says then I would have had a shpping company pick it up correct it and then sent it back no charge.

Should it have been right to begin with, Yes! Did we screw up, it apears we did. But I will also say the sign of a good shop is one who takes care of a problem when there is one. I can't fix it if I dont know about it. And then send me a bill is not letting me know about it.

Mike @MM