Almost forgot another big one! When I went to check out the deck height problem, the machinist wanted to show me how good the cam fit was in the bearings. You had to turn it with a wrench! He said that was pretty darn good for a Chrysler block! When he pulled the cam out it was pretty hard to miss the deep sctatches in my sexy new Dura Bond coated bearings! Not thrilled about that one. So now I own a cam bearing installation tool and really nice new bearings and screwed up old bearings. He kept giving me a hard time about wanting put my motor together because that's the fun part but in my eyes, if you can't get the cam from the bag to the bearings without getting it dirty...
So when I got my cam tool I pushed the bearings and found out what the problem was. He apparently had 3 of the bearings cocked while driving them in as you could see on the opposing surface of all of the scuffing, the bearings were crushed like a beer can! I drove the exact same brand and type of new bearing in and my CLEAN cam now spun freely by hand! Not bad for a Chrysler!