the test i would do......is compare the new Comp with another cam that has very similar seat to seat, and .050 numbers, and if possible.....similar .200 numbers....but with noticably less lift, to see if the big lift is really going to buy you anything in that application.
and if it does....how much?
in other words....does it justify the added expense and wear and tear of the really big springs that are required to be able to use that type of cam for "X" amount of added power??.

as i had mentioned before, in that 383 SBC, going from .625 lift to .715 lift, while maintaining the seat to seat and .050 numbers of the 2 cams....showed no increase in power for the added lift.
that motor was making about 1.56hp/ci.

the test between the cams would be to try and determine which was more beneficial in that motor.....higher lift, or a higher discharge coefficient.

Quote:

Any thoughts on the Crower 300R cam?

i'd expect that with the short duration and tight lsa.....it would make a pretty big number in the middle somewhere.....but probably not provide the kind of overall power curve someone building that kind of motor is going to be looking for.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads