LSA is 110 on that Comp roller. I'll need to double check the exhuast but it seemed to have more clearance.

I have a 6.800 long rod in the motor and the combination of long rod and big rocker ratio really eats up the VP. As I turn it over slowly you can see the valve accelerate off the seat while the piston basically just sits there. It takes almost 20 degrees of rotation to move the piston significantly. Meanwhile, those 1.70 arms just rocket the valve into the piston.

The Comp cam card calls for 0.026 lash so that is some more safety factor. I'm measuring everything now with zero lash. When you talk about running 0.030 VP clearance is that with the valves lashed, or with the rocker tight against the valve tip when the cam is on the base circle?

I also have a Crower 300R cam on hand so I put it in to see how it looks. It appears to have about 0.050 clearance on the intake when installed straight up. It is also a 0.026 lash cam. It is pretty agressive cam for being such an old design. 261/263 at 050 but .457/.464 lobe lift. It showed .792 lift on the dial indicator so the lobe I was checking was a little big. The Crower is ground on 105 LSA which seems a little tight.