I think a W58 would be a great transmission for the swap, they’re supposed to shift smoother than an R154, I think they have the strength (at least for any place a T5 would be used), and they are smaller and thus easier to fit in the tunnel. They have a lot going for them, I just couldn’t figure out a way to get around the short input shaft.

I suppose you could section one of your cases so you could use the face of the trans and the input bearing retainer to locate holes on the back of the Mopar bell. Machine a spacer to hold the throw out bearing snout of the bearing retainer in the center of the Mopar bell, space the sectioned case up off the bell so it is parallel and start center punching holes from the back side of the sectioned case. I would think you would still need to find a way to check the alignment of the input shaft to the crank when you are done, but if all of that were possible, maybe it would work.

Another possibility is to maybe make a pattern off the back of the Toyota bell in something like 1/4” plate. Bolt the pattern to the trans and fit a circular plate that matches the Mopar bellhousing bearing retainer hole to the Toyota bearing retainer TO snout. Square everything up and weld the ring to the 1/4” plate with the bolt pattern. Might have to remove the bearing retainer from the W58 and use the input shaft to center the locating ring, but I would be leery of the input shaft wobbling and throwing the center off. That should give you something that would center on the Mopar bell and locate the holes so that the input shaft would be close to the centerline of the crank. Still need to check alignment somehow, though.

Either way, I don’t believe you can do this without finding some way to bolt the W58 direct to the bell without an adapter plate.

You could look up Dellow Automotive in Ozzy land for a new bell that would bolt up, but last time I checked it was $750 US for the custom bellhousing, and the clutch fork was on the wrong side of the car. If you adapt a hydraulic setup, maybe it would be an issue for you. Just a thought. BTW, don’t email them, you have to call to get any kind of a response.

15 Chrysler 200S 3.6
15 Challenger R/T 6M STP
74 Duster 360 -> original 4 speed car

a.k.a. DionR