Quote:

I could not use the Dakota flywheel because the crank flange hole pattern is different than on the small block mopar crank.

The Dak is different than the Hemi or the LA? The Dak V6 FW I have is the same as the LA bolt pattern, and what I was going to use prior to getting the AL FW. The Dak V6 diaphragm PP also bolts up to a regular LA FW, so that's got to swap both ways, too.

Quote:

I could have gone with a 143 tooth 11inch clutch flywheel but felt that this would not be optimal for the 10.5 inch AA clutch disk, so to use a 10.5 inch pressure plate with the 143 tooth flywheel would have meant drilling out a different hole pattern for the 10.5 inch pressure plate. It was just as easy for me to relocate the starter pocket inboard on the bellhousing, just a little welding and grinding time and I don't have to touch the flywheel. I was really counting on the old style pressure plate working out for this conversion.

The Dak V6 uses a 10.5" clutch on a 143-tooth FW. Strange, but that's what it is.

Quote:

Clair Yes I am looking for the distance from flywheel surface to the tip of the diaphram fingers as you had stated correctly.

I'll try to get that number for you tomorrow - plumbing trouble at home kept me out of the garage today, but I may have a little time while waiting on another plumber tomorrow.

Quote:

I wonder if the hole pattern for bolting the pressure plate to the flywheel on the Dakota pressure plate is the same as it would be on the old style early 70s pressure plate that I have. The flywheel I am using is the one that Mopar Performance sells for the Hemi I believe it is made by McLeod it has the correct hole pattern for the pressure plate I am using but am not sure it is correct for a Dakota pressure plate.

See above on the bolt pattern issue. What's the scoop on the Hemi FW? I haven't seen that part before, but then I haven't been in the market, either. I would like to verify the G3 Hemi crank bolt pattern, though.

Quote:

Having to come up with an AX15 front case cover and bearing retainer kind of throws a curve into this project, any help you can give me in locating these parts would be appreciated.

I think this was the first place I tried, but they didn't have them at the time:
http://home.teleport.com/~mmerlinn/catalog/ty_red/tyred_f.htm
Click the link to bearing retainers on the right, and give them a call to verify. The place I ultimately found them at was a resource from Greg55_99:
Quote:

--- J & W Auto Wreckers <sales@jwjeep.com> wrote:

> From: "J & W Auto Wreckers" <sales@jwjeep.com>
> To: "Greg Williams" <greg55_99@yahoo.com>
> Subject: RE: AX15 tranny parts
> Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 12:18:59 -0700
>
> We sell the retainer for $50.00 each
>
> Thank You
> Mark, Neil, John & Gary
> sales@jwjeep.com
> 916-723-3950
> J & W Auto Wreckers
> 8626 Antelope No Rd
> Antelope CA 95843

They were great to work with and shipped fast.

Hope that helps,

Clair