Quote:

Buschi,

I saw a web page where the person replaced the stock mopar slave cylinder with a more rugged metal unit and also added AN fittings and a braided hose, it didn't look too costly. He had the hydraulic setup on a Jeep and kept breaking the plastic slave cylinder when off roading. I will see if I can find the site again and post it if I can find it.

Clair,

I did some research yesterday on pilot bearing dimensions. The Toyota pilot bearing has an ID of 0.472" an OD of 1.260" and a width of 0.394" Timken PN# 201-CC. The pilot bearing Buschi is using Mopar PN# 53009180 has an ID of 0.7718" an OD of 1.8161" and a width of 0.565" it looks like this is also the same OD as the 3rd gen hemi crank with manual transmission. My crank which came out of a car with an auto transmission (2007 Charger) has a bushing installed with an ID of about 1.308", OD of 1.8161". My options as I see them would be to use the Toyota bearing and install it in the bushing with some shim stock between the bearing and bushing to take up the slop, this may or may not work and has the problem of having the Toyota bearing pretty far into the crank pilot bore. The Toyota pilot shaft is already coming up kind of short as far as how far it will protrude into the pilot bore. This problem is solved with Buschi's approach. The other option is along the lines that you were thinking Clair and remove the bushing that is currently in the Crank to open up the OD to 1.8161" and then finding a bushing that I can machine to the proper ID to accept the Toyota pilot bearing. Ideally the bushing would also have a substatial width to locate the Toyota pilot bearing closer to the R154 input shaft. Clair have you identified a bushing yet for your project and if so could you give me a part number?

Thanks everybody for your on going help.

This may be helpful:

http://advanceadapters.com/product/2600/%28P/N-716149-NS%29-Pilot-Bushing-.471-ID-X-1.090-OD.html

It's a GM to Toyota pilot bushing. It's longer than stock:

Greg