Hi Buschi and Clair,

Wow you guys are really quick to get back to me on this. I could not use the Dakota flywheel because the crank flange hole pattern is different than on the small block mopar crank. I could have gone with a 143 tooth 11inch clutch flywheel but felt that this would not be optimal for the 10.5 inch AA clutch disk, so to use a 10.5 inch pressure plate with the 143 tooth flywheel would have meant drilling out a different hole pattern for the 10.5 inch pressure plate. It was just as easy for me to relocate the starter pocket inboard on the bellhousing, just a little welding and grinding time and I don't have to touch the flywheel. I was really counting on the old style pressure plate working out for this conversion.

Clair Yes I am looking for the distance from flywheel surface to the tip of the diaphram fingers as you had stated correctly.

I wonder if the hole pattern for bolting the pressure plate to the flywheel on the Dakota pressure plate is the same as it would be on the old style early 70s pressure plate that I have. The flywheel I am using is the one that Mopar Performance sells for the Hemi I believe it is made by McLeod it has the correct hole pattern for the pressure plate I am using but am not sure it is correct for a Dakota pressure plate.

Having to come up with an AX15 front case cover and bearing retainer kind of throws a curve into this project, any help you can give me in locating these parts would be appreciated.

Buschi thanks for the pictures.

Nebo